meet chef adam...chef de cuisine at skillet counter...visit the armory and you'll find him creating one of a kind specials, the skillet classics and everything in between...
hometown? visalia, california ..most people know it as somewhere between fresno and los angeles..
favorite go-to skillet classic? the fried chicken sammy..the jalapeņo aioli is too good!
skillet history? i have been in the skillet family for 2 years, 3 months, and 6 days .... or maybe its 7 days... back in the day of one truck and a crew of about eight or so. my first day was a wedding gig...Bainbridge Island..we started prepping at 8 am, load out was around noon, we didnt get back until 2 am, i remember thinking that an 18 hour day was crazy, but also thinking it was the best job i had ever had... i got a handfull of hours sleep... went right back in at 9 am excited as ever to do it all over again. skillet has been a big part of my life ever since, and with the holiday season at hand, I am thankful for that.
what are you stoked for this month? with december upon us i am excited for several things. first, every year i make it a point to go to the seahawks vs. 49er's divisional game with my wife as she is a niner fan (boo) and a a Seahawk fan (go hawks!). second, would be holiday meals...
favorite holiday meal? for me nothing beats homemade tamales...braised pork butt with chili verde, or jalapeno con queso... yes please! the best part about tamales is you can fill them with whatever you desire..a great way to utilize that leftover turkey.
anything you're looking forward to this season with skillet counter at the seattle center? with so many winter to-do's families are literally flocking to the armory...the winter village with train, the nutcracker, ice skating, ice carving, and not to mention the newly revamped food court... featuring skillet! what more could you want?
at the truck...
- get in the spirit...we're a sponsor for this year's jingle bell run...we'll be downtown at the finish line this sunday - december 9th...you can get your skillet before, during and after the race...good times for a good cause!
diner + counter
- the diner, counter AND streetfood are teaming up for a holiday food drive this month..we'll be collecting nonperishable food items at the diner and counter; and small financial donations at the truck to support our local community...donations benefit food lifeline and help feed those that need a little help through this holiday season...clean your cupboards or hit the store, but remember to bring food along with you this month to daonate at either location...
- mark your calendars for our 2nd annual ugly sweater party at the diner...december 23rd, 5pm - close..food, drinks and a reported santa appearance!
- winterfest is in full swing at seattle center: info here..take a break from festivities and stop by the counter for holiday food and drinks...
- we're riding this cyber monday wave..order product and merch online through the end of the year for 10% off - just use the code baconlove...perfect stocking stuffer or hostess gift this season..
- skillet's bacon jam risotto balls with corn pudding:a festive recipe for you this week
- josh and team will be at tom douglas' cookbook social this tuesday from 4-7...lots of local authors signing and selling their books, offering tastes and making holiday shopping easy...info here
- our skillet catering team is booking holiday parties right now...check out the menu and other info here..get on the books now for the fall/winter season..
- and finally...don;t forget we deliver now..let us make you look good at your next party or work event...check out the options on our website...www.skilletstreetfood.com
have a great week yo!
locations 12/3 -12/10
-watch for new locations
-fox's gem shop
1341 5th avenue
-watch for next week
531 stewart street
-600 106th ave ne
531 stewart street
jingle bell run
before, during and after the race!
-ref 74 bash at the paramount...find us on 9th ave after 6pm
|street food menu__ideas|
the burger, bacon jam, arugula, bleu, brioche
the basic, american, fancy sauce, shredded lettuce,
poutine, handcut fries, gravy cheddar parm, herbs
check out new menu items on the left in the street food section