Responding to COVID-19
By now you may have heard in the news that Food Banks across Canada and the USA are in dire need of supplies in many areas with a high number of cases of COVID-19 or areas that people are being required to stay at home.
As this newsletter is being typed, we are busy preparing to pour thousands of 100% natural soap bars for distribution to Food Banks across Canada and the USA. The soap bars will be ready to ship out in 30 days but we could use your support now.
If you would like to help us directly, you can purchase a box of 50 soap bars right now for $50 in Canada or $60 to the USA and choose the Food Bank it will be delivered to. We'll make the soap, label the soap, pack the soap, and ship the soap directly to the Food Bank of your choice. We'll even provide the tracking number link (so you can track it in transit) by email the moment it has been shipped and update you with another email the day it has been received. There are more details as well as step-by-step instructions below on what you will need to do.
If you are not able to purchase a box of soap from us for a Food Bank at this time, we do understand and we want you to know we have you covered. Your past support of our family farm business is truly appreciated and has already been enough so you should feel represented in our company's donation of 1,500 bars of soap with a total retail value of $8,625 (1,500 x $5.75) as listed below. Our goal is to ship a total of 8,000 bars of our soap with a total retail value of $46,000 (8,000 x $5.75) to Food Banks across Canada and the USA.
We have already contacted all 6 registered Food Banks on Prince Edward Island today and our business will be donating soap to them based on how many families they have told us that typically help on a monthly basis. Here is what our company will be donating immediately:
West Prince Caring Cupboard, Alberton, PEI
200 soap bars for 200 families.
Salvation Army Food Bank, Summerside, PEI
360 soap bars for 360 families.
Upper Room Food Bank, Charlottetown, PEI
540 soap bars for 540 families.
Salvation Army, Charlottetown, PEI
140 soap bars for 140 families.
Southern Kings and Queens Food Bank, Montague, PEI
200 soap bars for 200 families.
Souris Food Bank, Souris, PEI
70 soap bars for 70 families.
While speaking to the representatives at the Food Banks last week, we learned that some of them are currently purchasing soap for their clients because soap donations are in very short supply. At the very least, our collective contributions to them will allow them to use a small portion of their donated funds to purchase something else they may need instead.
Thank you from everyone here at
The Great Canadian Soap Co.
HOW TO BUY A BOX OF 50 BARS OF SOAP FOR A FOOD BANK IN YOUR COMMUNITY
FOR $50 or $60
Disclaimer: We are not a registered charity and are not asking for or taking donations from anyone. What we are doing is making available a very special soap offer at an extremely reduced price that you can purchase for a registered non-profit Food Bank of your choice in Canada or the USA. Because of this arrangement, there will not be any charity or donation receipts provided. With respect to money, the way we are attempting to do this is similar (we believe) to an informal
donation bin that some grocery stores install inside their store. You pay for the groceries at the register as you regularly would and then just deposit the food in the bin which the grocery store then delivers to the Food Bank.
Conditions: Because we are doing this with very little planning due to the urgency of the COVID-19 situation and because we have never done anything on this scale before, we reserve the right to clarify or change the terms of this promotion at any time, as well as temporarily suspend or permanently end this promotion at any time. We ask now for your both patience and understanding in advance if and when we do. The following conditions are subject to change without notice and at our sole discretion.
- This Food Bank offer can not be combined with any other coupon code, discount, or any other offer of any type.
- Between the soap our company is donating and the soap our customers are purchasing for Food Banks across Canada and the USA, we may end this stage of the promotion when a total of 8,000 bars of soap have been allocated. If it is ended at that time, we will remove the 50 Bars of Soap for a Food Bank product from our website listing and disable the free shipping FOODBANK coupon code.
- If you would like us to choose a Food Bank for you and don't have a specific one in mind, you can just say in the Order Comments section when checking out something like, "Any Food Bank in Calgary" or "Any Food Bank in Nova Scotia" etc. and we will find one for you.
- If you would like to choose a specific Food Bank that you would like to help, please provide the name, address, and phone number of the Food Bank in the Ship To area of the checkout form. We can not ship to you directly and will only ship the soap to the Food Bank.
- In Canada, you can locate a Food Bank of your choice by visiting this national representative organization: Food Banks Canada.
- In the USA, you can locate a Food Bank of your choice by visiting this national network: Feeding America.
- We must be able to easily determine that the Food Bank is a registered non-profit or charitable organization and is currently actively engaged in being a Food Bank. If we can not, we will email you and request that you provide a link to their website that shows they are.
- You may purchase more than one box of soap to send to a particular Food Bank. You may also make multiple individual purchases of boxes to be sent to more than one Food Bank. In either case, we do reserve the right to limit quantities or to refund orders that are over our total soap allocation limit.
- No other items except the boxes of soap specifically allocated for Food Banks in Canada or the USA can be added to the order or sent with those special boxes of soap to a Food Bank.
- We reserve the right to refund orders that are simply too costly for us to ship (for example, very rural or very isolated or very northern areas, etc.)
- Your invoice will not be included with the order going to the Food Bank nor will any of your personal billing information. Unless you request to remain anonymous in the Order Comments section when completing your order, we will include a nice letter with the shipment to let the Food Bank know your name and province or state only (not your city or address or other contact information though) and that you have purchased this box of soap for them. For example, the only personal information we will include will be limited to something like: "We would like you to know that Jane Smith from Ontario, who is a customer of ours, has generously purchased this box of soap for you to distribute to some of the families you help."
- If more than one person is sending a box of soap to the same Food Bank, we will pack the boxes separately and include separate notes in each of them of who they are from but we will send them as one shipment in order to save courier costs.