We are sending this email to notify you that the Summer School Hiring Process has been revised for the 2019 summer sessions (June and July).
- Applicants will no longer be screened out based on attendance and/or professional development participation. All current employees are encouraged to apply for Summer School employment.
- Interviews will be held for the following certificated positions/programs:
- High School Content Area Teachers & Counselors
- TFA Mentors (Elementary & High School Programs)
- ESY (Teachers and Other Certificated Positions)
- IEP Team and ESY Speech Pathologists
- Grade 8 Promotional Program (Math and Humanities Teachers, Social Workers, Psychologists)
- Site Coordinators (Elementary and High School Programs)
- Certificated employees applying for any "interview selection" position must upload a current resume when applying.
- Employees retiring or resigning at the end of the school year are not eligible for summer employment.
Applications will be posted in three separate cycles. Dates forthcoming.
- Cycle A (Certificated Interview Positions - see above. Applicants must upload a current resume.)
- Cycle B (All Classified positions, Certificated positions in the Elementary program and IEP Teams, Summer Administrators, and Special Ed Teachers for the High School, Elementary, and Grade 8 programs. Applicants do not need to upload a resume)
- Cycle C (Substitute Teachers - Summer)
Again, this year, Summer School will be hosting a June Session for Early Start Calendar students and a July Session for all MPS students. Applications will be posted with session specific information.
Session Guidelines for staff applications:
- June Session; Open to current employees that work on the Early Start Calendar
- July Session: Open to all current employees