Health & Wellness: 5 Reasons You Need a Regular Bedtime
Are you getting at least 7 hours of sleep per night? It’s easy to skimp on sleep, stay up late, and go to bed at random times, especially on the weekends. In a recent study, researchers found that lack of sleep and irregular sleep habits may increase the risk for:
- High blood sugar levels
- High blood pressure
- A heart attack or stroke
- Being overweight or obese
Want to improve your health and get a better night’s sleep? For best health, aim for 7 to 8 hours of sleep per night. Here are some tips to help you get your Zzzs:
- Go to bed at the same time every night, even on weekends.
- Avoid exercise within two hours of bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol in the evening.
- Avoid going to bed on a full stomach.
- Prioritize the comfort of your sleeping area.
- Still having trouble sleeping? Talk to your doctor about other ways to get your Zzzs.
With these tips, we hope you and your family stay safe, healthy, and vigilant!