CELEBRATE HALLOWEEN IN SHAWNEE
Gather your ghosts, ghouls and gal-pals and head to Shawnee! From Trick-or-Treating to grown-up late night Hallo-bashing, Shawnee has a long list of Halloween spooky fun.
This week, Shawnee experienced an extreme ice event; the earliest Oklahoma ice storm in history. This has caused a loss of electricity in many areas which is still being restored on Wednesday. Neighborhoods have many limbs down and may be treacherous due to unknown obstacles. Halloween events are changing parameters to work with this unexpected situation. All are doing their best to accommodate the unexpected in this most unexpected year! Your patience and flexibility are greatly appreciated.
The City of Shawnee, OK, USA has developed the following information on traditional door-to-door trick-or-treating for 2020. Shawnee has a mask ordinance in place until Nov 30. There are a number of social distanced and low-contact activities such as drive-in movies and family scavenger hunts, too.
Halloween hours are from 5:00 PM until 8:00 PM on October 31st.
- Remember to be respectful and considerate of others
- Safest precaution is to practice social distancing
- Costume masks are no substitute for protective masks
- Do not paint cloth masks!
- Consider leaving candy available outside for kids to take
- Wipe down packaged treats or let them sit out for a few days
- Consider a scavenger hunt for your children if you are concerned about getting out