Here's the Latest
For those of you who closely follow the local real estate market, we just wanted to keep you up to date on the real estate market for Gulf Front, Gulf View, and other foreclosures in our area that you can always find on our website. Click the links below to view our updated list of foreclosures. Not looking for a foreclosure? Feel free to create a customized search, or browse our site to view all properties that are currently on the market.
Homeowner's Insurance Cost Hacks
Just like literally everything these days, homeowner’s insurance continues to rise exponentially. The good news is that you could reduce this cost by taking some proactive measures. While discounts will vary (location, age, size, etc), it is worth your time to investigate.
You ask, HOW? Check out these recommendations:
• A security system could make you eligible for a reduction—in some cases as much at 10%. In fact, if your property is near a fire station or hydrant, you could qualify for a discount.
• If you have updated your property, you could receive a discount. Reroofing, new windows, new electrical system are all improvements that could impact your homeowner’s insurance cost.
• Is your home a LEED-Certified green home? LEED is an acronym for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design and is the most widely used green building rating system in the world. Some insurance companies will offer as much as a 10% discount for this.
• Bundling your home, car, boat, etc with the same company will offer a reduction. In some cases companies offer as much as 12% off.
• Installing hurricane shutters and impact glass to minimize disaster damage could also provide discounts. A water sensor to detect leaks could also.
• If you have not made any claims in a few years, ask for the claims-free credit.
Don’t forget to shop your insurance policy. Some companies offer better deals. Just do a little due diligence.
🍁 Fall is in the air. We hope your fall is absolutely wonderful! 🍁