Dear Friends and Supporters,
We know there's a lot of information to sort through in the news and on social media right now and we remain committed to helping you navigate through it. If there is information or resources that you haven't been able to find, please let us know--we are here to help!
We hosted a call yesterday with Eckerd Connects and other community partners and will provide that updated information in the Fireside Chat on Thursday (more information below). If you are unable to join us, we will provide a recording link.
Here are some resources we think could be particularly helpful right now, whether it is for yourself, friends, family, or the families you are serving.
COVID-19 LOSS OF JOB RELATED ASSISTANCE:
The Department of Economic Opportunity (DEO) will waive job search requirement for employment assistance.
COVID-19 CHANGES TO SNAP, TANF and MEDICAID
- Waive work requirements are waived for Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF).
- Department of Children & Families (DCF) will work with USDA to create a plan for families who are eligible for free and reduced-price school lunch to receive SNAP benefits.
- DCF will pursue extending food, cash and Medicaid benefits for an extra 2 months for families who are scheduled to recertify to ensure that health care, food and cash assistance benefits are provided without interruption.
- Customers of SNAP, TANF and Medicaid are encouraged to utilize the online Self-Service Portal. Daystar in St. Petersburg is assisting and authorizing applicants outside of their facility Mondays, Tuesday, Thursdays and Fridays.
ACCESS TO FOOD AND NUTRITION:
- The 2-1-1 call/text line for free children's meals is now open.
- Pinellas South County: St. Petersburg Free Clinic 863 3rd Avenue North St. Petersburg 8:30 am - 3:00 pm
- Pinellas North County: RCS Food Bank 700 Druid Road Clearwater M-F 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm; Thur 12:30 pm - 6:45 pm
ONLINE EDUCATIONAL RESOURCES:
If you missed information on schools, see our most recent update
Here are a few resources to keep our children and teens engaged and learning:
If you know kiddo who needs more movement while the playground is closed, here are some great resources:
Here are some video examples: