Friends, at this time of great uncertainty we wanted to share our current status. Like you, we have been monitoring the COVID-19 crisis for several weeks. Despite all that is going on, we are still called to serve the most vulnerable families in Cobb County.
As we all adjust to our new normal, we wanted to let you know the adjustments we have made for right now:
- We are not currently taking in new families for any of our housing programs, despite our waiting list.
- We will continue to provide referral resources that come in via our main office line 678-594-3150.
- For the next six weeks, we will not be operating our rotational shelter program. This means that any congregation scheduled to host up through May 2nd will not be doing so. Our families are safely housed in our transitional houses, to best protect them and our volunteers.
- Our food box program with Action Ministries is temporarily suspended.
- We are continuing telephone contacts with graduates in our Graduate program but will not hold our monthly in-person meetings.
Our number one priority is the well-being of the families we serve. We
will continue to provide you updates as decisions are made.
What we do know is that our services will be needed
even more in the months to come
. We expect the demand for our services to increase. We expect our graduates, those families who successfully left one of our housing programs, to need more support. Many of our graduates depend on second jobs with stadiums and restaurants to make ends meet.
Many have reached out and asked how to be of help. Here are some ways to help while staying at home:
- Stay informed by getting updates from FPCC through our newsletter and social media. We will post needs as they arise.
- Support groups in our area who are providing food to low-income school children and families.
- Join our circle of monthly donors. These supporters help ensure that we have stable income to fund our programs year round.
- Since we already have food covered for the moment, consider donating the money you would have spent on that meal to FPCC.
- Have a birthday coming up and can't go out and celebrate? Create an online Facebook Birthday fundraiser with proceeds going to Family Promise of Cobb County. FB makes it SO easy. And let us know so we can wish you Happy Birthday!
- Doing a lot of online shopping? Set up FPCC as your charity of choice shopping through Amazon Smile.
Thank you for your prayers and your ongoing support. We may be practicing physical distancing, but our hearts are not. As we come up with new, creative ways to serve and meet the needs of the most vulnerable in our community, I look forward to serving alongside you for years to come.