Learn more: News release

State of the City success!


Mayor Joe Schroeder was joined by over 400 Ventura residents on May 25 for the 2023 State of the City Address, which was divided into two presentations.


The address highlighted recent City achievements, future initiatives, and department updates. The mayor also discussed key topics such as the Fiscal Year 2024 budget, City Council goals, the X Games, local tourism, efforts to combat homelessness, and investments in critical infrastructure.


To watch a recording of the presentation, visit the City’s Youtube Channel.


To view the 2023 State of the City materials, visit CityofVentura.ca.gov/SOTC.

Learn more about the WIFIA Loan

City receives $173 Million WIFIA Loan for water infrastructure


Exciting news! The EPA announced a $173 million investment to boost drought resilience in our city.


This loan will fund about 49% of the needed infrastructure to provide the City with this new water supply. The remaining 51% will be funded through future loans and grants and water and wastewater rates. Not only will this upgrade increase the City's water supply by an incredible 20%, but it will also create around 1,100 jobs, boosting the local economy. 


With the Bipartisan Infrastructure Law providing a historic $50 billion for water infrastructure, EPA is rebuilding essential water systems, addressing community needs, and supporting job creation. 

Learn more: Activity Guide

Summer classes & activities start this week!


Flip through our Summer Activity Guide at cityofventura.ca.gov/ActivityGuide. Find over 300 classes, camps, and programs for all ages starting in June through August.


  • Summer Camps
  • Aquatics
  • Adults Sports
  • Arts & Culture Tours
  • Dance & Theatre
  • Concerts
  • & more!


Residents can register online, by phone, or in person at City Hall. See page 45 of the Activity Guide for registration information and policies.

Take the online survey by Friday, June 19

Participate in the Economic Development Strategic Plan


The City of Ventura is embarking on a five-year Economic Strategic Plan, and your involvement is vital!


The Economic Development Strategy will:

  • Determine Ventura's current economic state
  • Create a "Vibrant Ventura Vision" that identifies key economic goals over the next five years
  • Involve community participation
  • Include a plan to guide economic-related implementation efforts


Sign-up for project notifications, take the survey, and explore additional details on how to participate at Cityofventura.ca.gov/ED.

Learn more about the California Mortgage Relief Program Application Event

Free Mortgage and Property Tax Assistance


The Ventura County Community Development Corporation (VCCDC) in partnership with the City of Ventura will host a free event to get in-person help with applying for the California Mortgage Relief Program, which offers up to $80,000 in assistance for late mortgage payments, property tax payments, delinquent reverse mortgages and COVID related deferral/partial claims.


Mark your calendars to connect with experts on Tuesday, June 6 from 3:30-7:00 p.m. at the VCCDC, located at 2231 Sturgis Road, Suite A in Oxnard.


Appointments are preferred. Call VCCDC at 805-273-7800 to book your free appointment.

Join Community Development for an upcoming Coffee Chat


Mark your calendars to connect with Ventura's Community Development staff on Friday, June 9, from 8-10 a.m. at Peirano's Market, located at 204 E. Main Street in Downtown Ventura.


Each coffee chat event offers a friendly, informal environment to discuss community concerns, strengthen relationships, and learn about the department’s ongoing activities. 


For more information on future events, visit cityofventura.ca.gov/CommunityDevelopment

City of Ventura website
Facebook  Instagram  Twitter  Youtube  Linkedin  

Photo credit: @visitventura