Since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic, the Trudeau Liberals’ failures have cost Canadians their lives, jobs and time. These include:
- telling Canadians that there was no person-to-person spread of
- telling Canadians that border control measures and masks didn’t work;
- Sending critical supplies of personal protective equipment (PPE) to China when we had a shortage;
- abdicating responsibility for the pandemic to the provinces;
- failing to ensure Canadians have access to rapid and at-home testing options;
- and shutting down the federal pandemic early warning system, just months before COVID-19.
Given Justin Trudeau’s pandemic failures, Canadians deserve to know what evidence the Liberal government has relied on to make decisions, and to see a concrete plan to protect their health and our economy going forward.
That is why the Conservative Caucus' Health Critic tabled a motion at the Health Committee calling on the Trudeau government to release documents related to the COVID-19 pandemic. Yet instead of supporting the common sense motion, Liberal Health Committee members first dragged their feet, and then voted to shut down the committee meeting entirely.
These are the same outrageous cover-up tactics the Liberals are using to block investigations into Justin Trudeau’s unethical behaviour in the WE Scandal. Canadians deserve the truth, whether its related to Liberal corruption or incompetence. More than seven months into the pandemic, Canadians still don’t have access to rapid testing.
On Monday, October 19th, the Health Committee will again meet to discuss the Conservative Health Critic's motion. Liberal MPs will have a choice to make - to again cover up the truth, or to be transparent with Canadians.
I hope that all can agree that Canadians deserve to know how their government is managing a health crisis.