Health & Wellness
“The Zzz Factor for Better Health When You’re Stuck at Home”
If you’re stuck at home, it’s easy to get sucked into staying up late. If that’s a regular thing, it’s time to take a closer look at the Zzz Factor --your sleeping habits. If you’re not sleeping 7-9 hours a night, your health may be at risk. Lack of sleep can take a toll on your body. Poor sleep can raise your risk for:
- Depression and anxiety
- High blood pressure
- Weak immune system
- Weight gain
Want to protect your health while COVID-19 runs its course? Aim for 7-9 hours of sleep per night. Here are 7 tips:
- Keep a regular sleep schedule, even on weekends, or if you’re not going to work.
- Avoid exercise within two hours of bedtime.
- Avoid caffeine, nicotine, and alcohol in the late afternoon and evening.
- Avoid going to bed with a full stomach.
- Sleep in a dark, quiet room with a cool, comfortable temperature.
- Turn off all electronic devices at least an hour before bed.
- Talk to your doctor about other ways to get adequate sleep.
With these tips, we hope you and your family stay safe, healthy, and vigilant!