While these new orders, issued by the PA Department of Health, may be inconvenient, we must come together as a community to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19 during the holiday season.
Below are the updated guidelines regarding the use of face coverings:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times indoors and outdoors if you are away from your home. This includes all school buildings.
- Exceptions to this order include:
- During a face covering break, where all individuals are socially distanced.
- While eating lunch, where individuals are socially distanced.
- Alternative face coverings, including shields, must meet the following criteria:
- Must cover the nose and mouth, extend below the chin and to the ears, and leave no exposed gap between the forehead and the shield’s headpiece.
- If you have questions or are in need of a face covering, please contact your child’s school.
Additionally, the order states that any Pennsylvanians who are returning from visiting another state must either provide a negative COVID-19 test within the past 72 hours or must quarantine for 14 days. We understand that many families may have previously scheduled trips or outings, however, the District must comply with this order from the PA Department of Health. Any previously approved educational trip(s), will remain approved, however the aforementioned negative COVID-19 test or a 14-day travel quarantine will be required to return to school.
We encourage everyone to be extra cautious during the holiday season. If you do host or attend a holiday gathering, please wear a mask when indoors and keep a distance from people not in your household.