Hello Market Patrons!
Selection is still underway for our vendors and we are excited to share more about them soon! So far, we have a great combination of returning vendors and vendors who will be new to our market! Whether you are looking for fresh vegetables, fruit, coffee, beer, or something new - we will have you covered! Stay tuned to learn more and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for the latest info as the season gets started!
Returning vendor and sponsor of the PGM Farmer's Market, Dave Grove with Grove American Beef will be the featured farmer at the monthly Pine Grove Hall Supper Party on April 19th and April 26th. The second date was added since his first date is just about sold out! Dave, a former airline captain turned farmer, raises grass-fed American Aberdeen cows at his small farm in Zion, PA. You can learn more in this youtube video: Meet Dave Grove!
At the dinner, he will share his fascinating story and the inspiration that made him "come back home" and take up the art of farming, as his ancestors did over 200 years ago! So, if you've been a fan of Grove American Beef in previous years at the market and are a foodie at heart, you may want to check out this very special dinner event! His cows are grass fed, with no growth hormones, no steroids, vet checked, and finished on grain. Visit him at the market this summer or at Pine Grove Hall. For tickets, go to: Pine Grove Hall Supper Party Reservations
The Prix Fixe Menu for the family style meal will include:
- Beef Tartare - Grove American Beef heart tartare ground in-house and served with grilled country bread and pickled white anchovy and pickled crudite
- Beef Chuck Lasagna - Grove American Beef braised beef chuck lasagna with gruyere bechamel and fried herbs
- Grilled Caesar Salad with shaved radishes and cured egg yolk
- Focaccia Bread - house-made olive and rosemary focaccia bread
- Beef Fat Doughnuts - Grove American Beef fat beignets with maple bourbon custard and shiitake powder
Enjoy this lovely weather as we look forward to connecting with you in person in a couple short months!
The Pine Grove Mills Farmers Market Team