It’s the end of the year and things are piling onto your schedule
onto your workspace. Today, we’re conquering that mountain of paperwork and other miscellaneous clutter to help you create your own mini-sanctuary.
, “Clutter can have a detrimental effect on your mental and physical health. In fact, some psychologists are starting to recognize that having a clean, organized home [or workspace!] is an essential part of the wellness equation.”
Before beginning your grading work today, take 10 minutes to declutter your workspace.
- Set a 10 minute timer. This will be a “get as much done as you can” activity. The goal is to have a clear desktop or workspace where you can spread out your grading materials and focus.
- Throw away trash and recycle paper that you no longer need. Don’t spend too much time worrying about needing items later, everything nowadays is digital and easy to find online.
- Replace files where they belong.
- Return pens, paper clips, and other office supplies to their proper home.
- Take a deep breath & spend 30 seconds admiring your space.
- Times up! Dive into your grading for the day.