Hunger Action Month:
220,000 People in
Face Food Instability
- Canned food, baby food/formula and toiletries needed -
South Florida may be getting back on its feet after a rough year with restaurants closing and jobs lost, but the hunger crisis in the community is far from over. The latest statistics from Feeding South Florida show that 220,000 people in the County face food instability; sadly nearly 67,000 of them are children.
September is Hunger Action Month and we urge everyone to donate what they can to help those in need. Next time you're out grocery shopping, please consider grabbing a few extra items and dropping them off at one of the below-specified collection locations.
Donation Box Locations:
• Downtown Governmental Center, 115 S. Andrews Ave., Fort Lauderdale
• Government Center West, 1 N. University Drive, Plantation
• Main Courthouse, 201 S.E. Sixth St., Fort Lauderdale
• N. Regional County Courthouse, 1600 W. Hillsboro Blvd., Deerfield Beach
• South Regional County Courthouse, 3550 Hollywood Blvd., Hollywood
• West Regional County Courthouse, 100 N. Pine Island Road, Plantation
• Port Everglades, 1850 Eller Drive, Fort Lauderdale
• Broward County Main Library and all branch libraries