First Presbyterian Church of Libertyville
In Person Survey – Fall 2020
(Link to survey is at the end of this letter)
The Session is prayerfully considering offering “in person” worship as a supplement to our primary online video worship service. We are taking a survey of the congregation to see if we might be able to maintain a significant rolling weekly minimum average for “in person” worship.
Here is an overview of what "in person” worship would look like at First Pres this fall during Phase 4 of the Illinois Recovery Plan:
Registration (online preferred) will be required to stay within state recommended maximums.
Registration questions will require you to have:
- No current exposure to Covid-19
- No illness for 2 weeks prior
- No fever
- A waiver of liability
Metered entry and exit:
- You will be greeted and checked for registration at the Sanctuary Portico
- A mask is required for entry
- If space permits, unregistered arrivals may register in person
- A socially-distanced line will form toward the courtyard hallway side Sanctuary entrance
- You will be directed to specific seats, no more than two households per pew
- Restroom use will be limited to one household at a time
- You must exit the building after worship as directed and paced
- Masks will be required at all times (the preacher will most likely remove mask to preach)
- A minister(s) will greet from Chancel, pray, read scripture, and preach the sermon
- Music will be primarily instrumental
- Most likely singing by musicians will be pre-recorded and shown on-screen
- Most likely a video affirmation from our primary video worship will be included
- Some unison speaking while masked will be permitted
- There will be no singing by the congregation
- No child care or onsite children’s activities are currently planned.
Under the circumstances outlined above, would you commit to regularly attend “in person” worship during Phase 4 of the Illinois Recovery Plan?
Please click this link or the blue button below to respond to the two question survey. ______________________________________________________