The Kidney Foundation of Canada, Ontario Branch


There's something for everyone! 
Click on the calendar to visit our events and web calendar page to see what events are taking place in your community.
Featured Recipe from the
Kidney Community Kitchen

Tortilla Pizza with Roasted Red Pepper, Shrimp
& Basil



Is it time to clean out your closet to make room for the next season?

Kidney Clothes can help!

  • Donate your used clothing to help kidney patients.
  • Free pick up at your door.
  • Program accepts clothes, cloth-based items like linens and towels.
  • Donation boxes are available in many communities. 

Available in many communities in Ontario.

Like us on Facebook
Follow us on Twitter
View our videos on YouTube
View our photos on flickr
The Kidney Foundation
of Canada
1599 Hurontario St.
Mississauga, Ontario L5G 4S1
April 2014
Thank you to our amazing volunteers!
Each day during National Organ and Tissue Donation Awareness Week (April 20-26), The Kidney Foundation will feature a story about organ donation. Here is the first story:

Finding my Pride 

This is the story of one man who found purpose through giving a kidney to a stranger.   

My name is Greg, and I was born the sixth of seven sons in Windsor.  I was raised in a normal, safe, middle-class family. I studied at St. Clair College before moving west for work when I was in my early 20s and later moved back to Ontario in the mid-eighties to be closer to family.


Read more


Health Canada recommends adults consume no more than 2,300 mg of sodium per day. Most Canadians consume closer to 3,400 mg per day -increasing their risk of vascular disease, stroke, stomach cancer and kidney disease. About 25% of this amount comes from adding salt to foods; the other 75% is found in foods purchased at grocery stores and restaurants.  Breads, cheese, pizza, canned soup, and deli meats are some of the biggest contributors to sodium in the diet, along with most packaged ready-to-eat foods and restaurant meals.

On World Kidney Day March 13, The Kidney Foundation launched a new online risk assessment tool to help individuals assess their risk for kidney disease. The tool, available in English, French, Chinese and Punjabi asks users a series of questions and provides information and steps for follow up. In Ontario, a concerted effort was made to reach three at-risk communities: South Asian, Asian and African-Caribbean through public awareness events and a targeted media awareness campaign.

In the news
The Kidney Foundation of Canada ~ 
                     Striving to create a future without kidney failure