Home & School Connection
A Great Beginning
When you think of parent involvement, do you picture moms and dads volunteering in classrooms? That's one way to help-but research shows that supporting your child's education at home is even more important.
Click HERE to link to this week's Home & School Connection!
Summer Reading Challenge
Deadline Friday, September 14, 2018
Calling all readers! Remember to turn in your Summer Reading Sampler to be eligible for prizes and a free book! Forms must be received by Friday, September 14, 2018 to be eligible!
Kiss & Ride
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pick-UP
For Parent/Guardian(s) who use the 'Kiss and Ride' to DROP-OFF and/or PICK-UP students in the back of the building. Please note our Drop-Off and Pick-Up procedure is the same as last school year.
Please review the procedures below for morning drop-off and afternoon pick-up:
- Drop-off and pick-up traffic should flow from west to east only (from the football field towards Wooddale Avenue). For your child's safety, do NOT leave your child in the back of the building if no PSI adult staff or safety patrol is present.
- For MORNING drop-off, pull your car into the semi-circle (next to Central Clinic). Students, from 3 cars at a time, will be directed to disembark on the right side of their vehicle (only). AFTERNOON pick-up is available from 2:55-3:05 p.m. If you arrive after 3:05 p.m., your child will have been sent to the PSI main office to wait for your arrival.
- When dropping off, please ensure your child is ready to exit your vehicle quickly upon pulling into the circle to expedite drop-off for all families. Students will be supervised by staff and safety patrols. where a safety patrol will be posted to greet them. After drop-off and/or pick-up, exit the semi-circle taking a RIGHT TURN ONLY (towards Wooddale) onto 35th Street.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended on 35th Street. If you need to park and come inside the school, please park in the large parking lot on the east side (behind the building) and enter through the doors by the cafeteria (door #21).
- If your carpool is not ready to disembark, you'll be asked to pull forward to wait. Please pull in close to the curb so you're not blocking traffic.
- For your child's safety, please do NOT pick-up OR drop-off on the north side of 35th Street.
- If you are running late in the afternoon, and staff is no longer present, your child will have been sent to the school office to wait for you.
Click HERE for more details about Kiss & Ride (info was also mailed home in the teacher assignment mailing).
Teens & Tech-A Health Approach
SLP High School
The SLP High School be hosting a Teens & Technology event at the high school on September 27th.
Their planning team has been talking with leaders on this topic and they have learned that the families of older elementary students might benefit from being part of this event as many children are securing their own phones, or other technology-friendly devices, around this age. This two-hour event features a mental health resource fair, panel discussion, and immersive presentation on the manner in which social media and 24/7 connectivity impacts students' relationships with family, friends, and educations.
The event is free and will include a panel presentation from local organizations about how their work with teens intersects with technology and we will view the documentary "Screenagers".
Click HERE for more information.
Wooddale Construction Information
Improvements are being done to the Wooddale Avenue bridge over
Highway 7. The improvements are intended to improve sight lines for
vehicles and to build safe and comfortable pedestrian and bicycle lanes across the bridge.
The project started in late July and is expected to be completed by late fall.
Click HERE for more information.
Lunchroom Volunteers Needed!
We need your help! Ideally, we'd love to have 3 volunteers each school day assisting in the lunchroom.
No experience needed! Assist staff in helping make the lunchroom run smoothly. Get on the C.A.S.E.!
= Cruise the room
= Assist students when they raise their hands
= Sanitize the tables
= Enjoy and have fun!
Click HERE to sign-up electronically. If you can't stay for the entire time, come as you are able. We also love 'drop-in' help.
Lunchroom volunteers come first to the PSI main office, sign in, get a name tag and are then directed down to the lower level to the cafeteria.
The PTO sponsored afterschool folk dance group is registering students for BOTH Fall and Spring now for students in Grades 2-5. Registration information, frequently asked questions, and scholarship forms were sent home in student backpacks yesterday, September 5th.
Click HERE for the Baile Folklórico information sent home.
It's Time to Order PSI Spiritwear!
Get ready! This is the only chance to purchase PSI spiritwear this school year.
Orders are due by SEPTEMBER 21st and items will be delivered to your child's classroom in mid-October. Purchasing a surprise gift for the kiddo? Simply select "Office Delivery" when you order and you'll be contacted for alternate pick-up arrangements.
A portion of all proceeds go back to PSI, so your purchase will benefit our school, as well as showing school spirit! Fridays at PSI are informally spiritwear/school colors (black & orange) day.
Click HERE to view the flyer.
Box Tops for Education
Box Tops for Education helps schools earn cash to buy much needed items. They're worth 10¢ each and are found on hundreds of products. When students, families, schools and communities work together to collect Box Tops, the money adds up fast!
Look for Box Tops on products from; General Mills, Ziploc®, Annie's®, Lysol®, Reynolds®, Hefty®, Green Giant®, Scott®, Paper Mate®, Old El PasoTM, Totino's® Party Pizza® & Pizza Rolls®, Go-Gurt®, Yoplait® and Yoplait® Light, Nature ValleyTM, Fiber OneTM and many, many more.
Consider placing a Box Tops collection bin in your business. It will identify your business as a Box Tops drop-off location and as a supporter of our school.
To learn more, visit
. You can also earn Bonus Box Tops while you shop with the Box Tops Bonus App (
Tip: Keep an eye on expiration dates. Expired Box Tops will not be accepted.
St. Louis Park Community Education
Your Lifelong Learning Starts Here!
The mission of St. Louis Park Community Education is to enhance the quality of life through lifelong learning and empowerment of people.
St. Louis Park Community Education is a department of St. Louis Park Public Schools. We support lifelong learning at every level, with programs for infants through senior citizens.
for more information/how to register for SLP Community Education classes.
Links and Videos
We are SO excited to welcome all 521 students to the 2018 - 2019 school year at PSI!