"Our nation owes a debt to its fallen heroes that we can never fully repay. But we can honor their sacrifice, and we must." — Barack Obama
MEMORIAL DAY PARADE INFORMATION
- Marching Band has an 8 a.m. call time (9 a.m. parade start) on May 31.
- The parade lineup area is on Main Street, south of Lincoln. The ROHS Marching Band is #25 — look for the band trailer.
- Please wear a disposable mask to the parade; students will receive a new disposable black mask to wear so the band is uniform.
- Those who will be turning in instruments may bring their case to the lineup area and put in the trailer. (No other cases, please.)
- Seniors return EVERYTHING after the parade.
- FRESHMEN & SHOES: You need completely solid black shoes for the parade. If you have black dress shoes, please wear them; athletic shoes are permissible as long as they are 100% black.
- Students, plan to check your email this (Sunday) evening for any possible last-minute updates.
OPEN HOUSE (BANQUET) REMINDERS
The Open House (Banquet) will take place June 1, 2021, from 6:30-8:30 p.m. at VFW Park (Lincoln & Campbell, Royal Oak, MI 48067). Students in all Bands, Orchestras and Ensembles and their families are invited to attend this free event. All students are recognized. RSVP here (required). Join the Directors and Boosters to celebrate the end of the 2020-2021 school year with:
- A continuous slide show presentation
- Socializing in a physically distanced manner
- Awards being picked up at your own leisure
Note: ALL Open House information can be found on the BANQUET page of our website.
THIS WEEK'S UPCOMING EVENTS
May 31: Royal Oak Memorial Day Parade — Marching Band has an 8 a.m. call time (9 a.m. parade start) in downtown Royal Oak. Additional information above and on Canvas.
June 1: Band & Orchestra Awards Open House — 6:30-8:30 p.m. at VFW park. See above for more information.
June 4: Senior All Night Party — 11 p.m.-6 a.m. at Emagine Royal Oak. Buy tickets online.
Booster Board Elections — Several new board members were voted in during the May 11 booster meeting. The new 2021-2023 ROHSBOB board members are:
Vice President — Jason Pyciak
Secretary — Leah Barnett
Communications Coordinator — Jen Anesi-Brombach
Fundraisers — Laura Young and Linda Johnson
The positions of President and Treasurer are still open; please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in either position for the 2021/2023 term. Minutes from the May 11 ROHSBOB meeting can be found here.
MB Face Masks Available — Show off your musical spirit! Masks come in three colors (while supplies last) and are $10 each. To place an order:
Send an email with your color preference to Jen Anesi-Brombach at email@example.com. Wait for a confirmation reply.
Pay online online using the Booster PayPal account.
- After payment is received, masks can be picked up at 1426 E. Windemere Ave, Royal Oak, 48073.
ROHSBOB Calendar (updated 5/11/21) — The calendar on our website has been updated, but please note that some/many calendar dates may be CANCELLED or CHANGED due to COVID-19! These weekly email announcements and teacher Remind messages are the best way to stay up to date with what is going on. Thank you for your patience and understanding.
B&O Parents: How to Stay Informed — Information regarding the 2020-21 school year is constantly being updated. We will try to get the information to you as quickly as possible. The following will help:
Website — Visit the rohsbob.org website and especially the INFORMATION page frequently.
Facebook — Request to join "Royal Oak High School Band & Orchestra Boosters" private group.
Weekly Announcements — Be sure you (and your student) join our email list to get weekly announcements. Click on the blue button on the HOME page to sign up. Your email will not be sold or shared for any purpose other than ROHS instrumental music department news.
FAQ — Everything you need to know about band & orchestra on one FAQ web page!