Swim for Hope - March 8, 2013
Once again this year the Marlins are proud to participate in this provincial initiative with the Dr. H. Bliss Cancer Clinic supporting cancer care in our province and swim clubs. This year we are steppping it up a notch and looking to include our community into the "Community/Corporate Challenge". Individuals and business can partipate in this event, and you do not need to be a strong compeititve swimmer, just round up a team or let us know if you are interested in becoming part of a team, raise some funds for the cause and come out and have some fun! Further details will be available in the coming weeks from our Swim for Hope Representative Heather Foley.
If you have any questions or would like to get involved please feel free to contact Heather at email@example.com
Harassment Prevention Workshop
Ron O'Neil is Harassment Prevention Coordinator for NL Soccer Association. This very informative 2 hour course is open to all sport clubs. This is a great opportunity to learn more about how to prevent harassment in sport programs and how to develop effective policy and procedures.
Harassment may involve parents, volunteers and athletes. Sport club administrators and leaders must be proactive in creating a harassment free environment and ensuring positive and healthy play.
Contact the Sport Alliance office at 709-364-9793 or click on MPSA to book your seat. here is no charge to attend.
For more and updated information on activities, tournaments and competition for all our members see updates on our news/events on Mount Pearl Sport Alliance.
The Dogs Indoor Winter Program Schedule:
U6-U12 Mini Rugby every Sunday 1 pm at the PowerPlex ($5.00 drop in or $50.00 for the season, approximately 20 sessions) ogling until May
- U13-U14 Junior Rugby every Thursday at 5 pm at the PowerPlex (free) ongoing until May
- U16-U18 Junior Rugby every Monday from 6-7 pm at Smallwood Arena Turf (cost to be determined) from Feb. 4th until May
- Senior Men and Women every Monday from 6-7 pm at Smallwood Arena Turf (cost to be determined) from Feb. 4th Until May.
- Click on for more information
Senior Blades Return ......
The Mount Pearl H J Bartlett Electric Senior Blades have announced their intentions to return to the NLSHL for the 2013/14 season.
The Blades have also announced today that Brian Cranford will be their Head Coach for the 2013/14 season.
Hare further announced that All-Star defensemen and Former AHL player Dave Cornacchia has confirmed his intentions to return to Mount Pearl for the 2013/14 season.
"It is very important that we receive the support of the fans and business community not just in Mount Pearl but throughout the Metro area", indicated Hare.
The Blades will be announcing a Season Ticket/holding seat drive early in March.
If any individual or business wish to become a part of the Senior Blades as a volunteer or sponsor we would sincerely appreciate your support. If you are interested in becoming involved you can contact Jim Hare at 689-1933 or by E-Mail at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mount Pearl Paradise Youth Bowlers
Congratulations to the Mount Pearl Paradise Youth Bowlers who "rolled fantastic" to capture the Junior Girls and Bantam Boys team titles, and the honor of representing Newfoundland and Labrador at the Youth Bowling National Championships in British Columbia on May 3rd, 2013.
That's 57 Provincial Titles for Mount Pearl Youth bowlers over the past 23 years!! Outstanding!!!!
Overall the results for all bowlers were impressive.
A big thank you to coach Jim Bulger!
Wow! buying groceries paid for my child's sport!
Sobeys Gift Certificate program
The Sobeys Gift Certificate program is offered to support members clubs and associations Mount Pearl Sport Alliance. Earn an extra 4% on every dollar you spend on groceries
Click here for more details
Try our Sports Trivia and Win a pair of Youth's Sunglasses
Just click here to contact us your answers and the first 5 members to answer
at least 50% Correct Wins!
- In horse racing, in which city is the Japan Cup held?
- In what year was soccer's last World Cup of the 80s held?
- In 1993 Michael Jordan gave up basketball to try which sport?
- What is the first name of athlete Joyner Kersee?
- Which country's soccer team was captained by Dunga?
- What is the color of the stage leader's jersey in the Tour de France?
- In basket ball, where do the Suns come from?
- Which fellow American said with Arnold Palmer that his 1995 British Open would be his last?
- Which Nancy was elected to the Golfing Hall of Fame in 1987?
- Mark Spitz landed how many gold medals in the 1972 Olympics?
- Yapping Deng was a world champion in which sport?
- Which golfer born in 1929 was the first to earn over $1 million?
- In which sport were Lonsdale Belts awarded?
- Which member of the Howe family held a record that Wayne Gretzky overtook in the 1980s?
- In which sport does the Fastnet Race take place?
- What type of speed event is Bonnie Blair famous for?
- Which Martina dominated tennis in the 80s?
- Which baseball team are Giants?
- In 1994 who had a public off-rink battle with Tony Harding?
- The Australian Dawn Fraser was famous for which sport?
- Which San Francisco team did Joe Montana play for through most of the 80s?
- Who did Magic Johnson play for throughout the 80s?
- The final of which tennis Grand Slam tournament is played in a Meadow?
- At which circuit does Formula 1's San Marino Grand Prix take place?
- The Fosbury Flop was developed in which sport?