The Society of Environmental Journalists and The Uproot Project are partnering to offer diversity fellowships (worth up to $2000) to support journalists’ attendance at #SEJ2022 in Houston.
Please note: Fellowship funds are extremely limited; if you have other sources of funding (such as your employer's travel budgets or student conference funds) please pursue those first to maximize the funds available for your fellow journalists.
Conference Diversity Fellowships will provide:
- Complimentary SEJ one-year membership/renewal, if eligible ($70 value)
- Complimentary member-rate registration for #SEJ2022 inclusive of ticketed events ($550 value)
- Up to five (5) nights’ lodging at SEJ’s conference hotel ($800 value)
- Travel reimbursement up to $500
- Resume/CV or LinkedIn profile (students can provide college transcript)
- Letter of support or recommendation
- Links to portfolio website or recent, relevant environmental coverage
- Applicants must be a member of (or join) SEJ, the Uproot Project, National Association of Black Journalists, National Association of Hispanic Journalists, Native American Journalists Association, Asian American Journalists Association, South Asian Journalists Association, The Association of LGBTQ Journalists, and/or the Trans Journalists Association.
Applicants must agree to SEJ’s COVID-19 Protocols and Anti-Harassment Policy:
- Deadline to apply: 2/4
- Judges review: 2/4 - 2/11
- Applicants notified: 2/14
In partnership with The Uproot Project: