Alice, I think we've fallen down the rabbit hole...
The last time I wrote a proper newsletter to all my tea room customers, it was June 2019 and I was joking that I would probably only get around to sending out two newsletters a year (and hearing the almost audible sigh of relief from most of you, as we all get WAAY too many emails). Well, how true that joke turned out to be.
Now, suddenly we are all thrown together into a new normal of 'keep your distance' 'wear a face mask' 'wash your hands' and 'STAY HOME'...and none of us auditioned for these new roles in this "sci-fi movie" we now find ourselves in.
In the wake of COVID-19 (a name more apt for the spaceship in that sci-fi movie), we are all adjusting to business closures, worry for our families, meetings in cyber space and hoping that all the cuddles we are instead bestowing on our four-legged family members wont actually make them sick too...it wont will it?
Given that most of us are actually spending much more time at home, I am going to assume 10 things, ladies these apply mainly to you:
1) You have "Marie Kondo-ed" every closet in the house
2) You've run out of yeast so no more bread baking
3) You are getting used to that grey-haired parting
4) You STILL plan to download that work-out video
5) Homeschooling? You're NOT as smart as a 5th grader
6) The bathroom scales have a vendetta against you
7) Of course you're wearing gloves, look at your nails!
8) You will never make it as a pet groomer
9) "My Space" has a whole different meaning now
10) You wished you had asked for pajamas for Christmas
...assuming all that, I will assume all of you (ladies & gentlemen) have a few spare minutes to catch up on our newsletter.
We have been closed for over a month now. Therefore, our "news" is a reflection on the last few months and a reminder that despite all the uncertainty, we will be back serving tea in the Tea Room. We know you will be back too. And we do have a little silver lining for you in amongst the dark clouds...read to the end of newsletter!
So, for now, make a cup of tea, relax and read on and hopefully we can distract you from the all the craziness for a short while.
We send our love and best wishes for the safety and wellness of you, your family and friends.
Keep Calm and Carry On.
English Rose Tea Room
PO Box 5865
Carefree, AZ 85377