Risk Assessment, Advice & Counsel Hotline, and Red Door Services
1: Complimentary One-Hour Risk Assessment
ELS will conduct a one-hour HR Risk Assessment for new and existing clients to identify any areas of legal concern in your human resources functions. Please contact
to schedule a meeting.
2: Employment Law Advice & Counsel Hotline
ELS focuses on serving employers. We understand that employers deal with a range of HR legal issues daily – some of which require immediate attention. We encourage our clients to reach out to us with questions on important matters such as termination decisions, requests for disability accommodations, complaints of harassment and discrimination, receipt of a demand letter from an employee’s attorney, inquiries from the Department of Labor’s Wage & Hour Division and the Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, and other situations that are outside of an employer’s routine human resources functions
We view hotline advice as part of our proactive strategy. We encourage our clients to call us at any time because we realize time spent addressing an issue or concern upfront and on‐the‐spot could avoid thousands of dollars in litigation costs and disruption to business. Utilizing our expertise – proactively and defensively – provides better protection of a company’s bottom line
ELS Advice & Counsel Hotline Retainer Program Features:
- Advice Hotline retainer clients have priority and can expect a response from ELS within hours.
- Advice Hotline services are limited to calls made by appointed representatives of client companies lasting less than 20 minutes.
- Advice is provided by ELS attorneys without any need to conduct extensive research or prepare an advice memo.
- Retainer packages are for a period of one year, with quarterly time allotments.
- Retainer clients also receive a 10% discount on other legal services that are not included in the Advice & Counsel Hotline Retainer.
3: ELS’ “Red Door Services” Program
Small and start-up businesses often do not have legal counsel or experienced human resource professionals within their companies and could use some help with basic employment law services, along with a contact should a problem arise concerning its workforce. Accordingly, ELS offers its “Red Door Services” Program to select clients with less than 50 employees. The program starts with a complimentary “needs assessment” with an attorney member of the ELS Team to determine which services may be appropriate based on the client’s needs and a suggested prioritization. Participants may select a
bundle of four employment law services from our services menu
for a flat rate.
Red Door Services Menu:
- Employee handbook review
- One-hour training on key workplace policies (e.g., sexual harassment, workplace discrimination, time and attendance)
- Up to four hours of employment law advice and consulting via our “Advice & Counsel” hotline.
- Compliance audit of employee classifications (e.g., exempt/non-exempt, independent contractor/employee)
- Three HR template agreements, forms or policies, tailored to your business:
- Independent contractor agreements
- Separation/severance agreements
- Non-compete, non-solicitation, and non-disclosure agreements
- Background check forms and notices
- Employee performance evaluation forms
- Hiring and termination compliance review and best practices checklist
- Workplace poster compliance review
- Webinars (pre-recorded). Topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Wage and hour compliance
- Compliant background checks
- Employee disciplinary action and termination
- OSHA whistleblowing and retaliation
- OFCCP compliance
- Manager training series – handling reports of harassment, discrimination, and hostile work environment
Red Door Services clients receive a 10% discount for additional legal services. Other services include, for example, responses to agency charges, investigations, additional trainings and single-plaintiff litigation.