Motorists can expect multi-lane closures on I-264 east from I-64 flyovers to just east of Witchduck Road on Oct. 6), beginning as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. as crews shift traffic into final lane configurations.
As part of this traffic shift, the following ramp and lane closures will also be in place:
- Full closure of the I-264 east ramp to Witchduck Road (exit 16) beginning as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m. A signed detour will direct motorists to utilize the clover leaf loops at exit 17B (Independence Boulevard) back to I-264 west and take exit 16 to Witchduck Road.
- Full closure of the flyover ramp from I-64 west to I-264 east (inside set) (exit 284B) beginning as early as 11 p.m. to 5 a.m. The I-64 ramps to the collector-distributor road (I-64 west to Newtown Road, exit 284B) will remain open to traffic.
- Full closure of the I-64 Express Lanes for eastbound traffic, beginning at 9 p.m. (Express Lanes will continue to open to westbound traffic at 11:30 p.m.)
Crews are anticipated to open all lanes of traffic on I-264 east at 5 a.m. on Oct. 7. Motorists should be alert to this new permanent, traffic pattern. In this final lane configuration, the two outsides lanes on I-264 east from just west of Witchduck Road to the off-ramp will be exit only lanes. Through traffic on I-264 should remain to left.
Additional lane closures will continue to be implemented nightly as crews complete final construction activities:
- Alternating, single-lane closures on the I-264 east collector-distributor lanes (outside set) at Newtown Road (exit 15A) from as early as 9 p.m. to 5 a.m.
- Alternating, multi-lane closures on I-264 in both directions from Newtown Road (exit 15A) to Witchduck Road (exit 16) from 7 p.m. to 5 a.m.