Dear Lycée Community,
A quick note and reminder to keep our community safe and in-school: we had two positive cases in the last two days at the Johnson Campus, with the consequence of having to quarantine a number of students, teachers and staff. We ask that you continue to abide by the following Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) guidelines to protect your health and those around you:
• Keep your child home if he/she has any COVID-like symptoms or not feeling well.
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing, sneezing, or blowing your nose.
• If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60 percent alcohol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
• Avoid close contact.
• Cover your mouth and nose with a mask when around others.
• Monitor your health status daily.
• Follow all recommendations provided by the CDC:
As a measure to keep our community informed about positive cases, you can review Lycée's COVID dashboard: https://www.lfno.org/covid-19/ which is updated weekly on Fridays.
Please review the linked Covid19 School Decision Tree for students and staff from Children's Hospital, LA Department of Health, and NOLA Public Schools.
For Covid-19 testing for symptomatic students or those who have had exposure to a positive person, please call the Children's Hotline at 504-837-7760 to schedule a drive-up PCR covid test.
If you have any questions, please contact the school nurse:
Please reach out if you have questions or concerns.