rom the llinois Retail Merchants Association
Proposed COVID-19 Legislation
"This proposal would require everyone
in the city to wear face coverings when shopping at essential businesses and when otherwise in public and unable to keep 6ft away from others. It would require face coverings when riding on public transportation and when hiring private transportation. Face coverings must be provided by employers when an employee is performing work for the employer, and the employee must wear at all times when at work.
Businesses may deny entrance
to any person not wearing a face covering, and they may also deny service to any customer exhibiting signs of respiratory illness. Requires businesses to display social distancing protocols at the entrance of the business.
Social Distancing Protocols:
- Meter entrance into the premises so that 6ft distancing is maintained for employees and customers
- Designate where lines may form and place floor markings to indicate 6ft spacing
- Maintain hand sanitizer or other disinfectant at entrance and other appropriate areas in the location
- Post signs at the entrance and other appropriate places in the store to remind customers that they are not to shop if they are exhibiting signs of respiratory illness
- Regularly disinfect high-touch areas used by customers as well as high-touch areas used by employees including at the start/end of a shift
Penalties exist for employers, but not for the general public. The ordinance
would take effect immediately with the social distancing protocols taking
effect 7 days after the effective date.