|09-14-20: 2020 Leadership Summit, Event Discount|
Lynn Hazan is speaking at the 2020 Leadership Summit hosted by Sharp Heels.
A 100% virtual Career & Leadership Development Training event.
Join Lynn & other esteemed speakers from well renowned companies to discuss:
- Career Planning & Pivots
- Managing Obstacles & Uncertainty
- Being an Impactful & Agile Leader
- Executive Skills & Training
And roll-up your sleeves for workshops between panel discussions on:
Date: Thursday, September 17th
- Executing a Successful Career Plan
- Building Your Professional Brand
- Prioritizing Your Financial Success
Time: 8:00 AM - 6:30 PM CDT (Lynn's session is at 12:45 PM)
View Speakers, Agenda and Register: here
Friends of LH&A can avail of a discount
. Please contact Lynn@Lhazan.com
for your special price and code. Please refer to Sharp Heels discount in the header.
Look forward to virtually meeting you there!
09/14/20 - In This Edition:
- Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago Area - Virtual, eventually on site (updated specs)
- Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Chicago - Virtual, eventually on site
- Patent Agent - IP Law firm - Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
- Marketing/PR/Recruiting Intern - LH&A - Virtual Position
3) Featured Article - The Perfect Formula for Answering "What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment" in an Interview
4) Upcoming Events - Free webinars to aid your job search. A virtual event by Chicago Innovation on the Art of the Pivot. A NSENG webinar (for women only), Career Development Symposium by UIC PDA and more. Details below.
Our Current Openings
Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago & Northern Suburb
Virtual, eventually on site
Are you an analytical & creative B2B marketing leader? Have a diverse background working with tech products and services? 10-15 years of marketing experience, including 10 years in management? Want to lead a rapidly growing team with the opportunity to be promoted as their first CMO? Local talent only.
The position is currently virtual, eventually onsite.
Learn more here
Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Downtown Chicago
Virtual, eventually on site
Patent Agent- Intellectual Property Law Firm - Chicago
Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
Marketing/PR/Recruiting INTERN- Downtown Chicago
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Click here to keep reading...
Candidate Consulting Services-Virtual
$25 FALL DISCOUNT OFFERED!
- The Resume Review
In this session, Lynn Hazan will help you to break through the clutter of similar, boring resumes. You will receive practical suggestions and tips on how to revamp your resume. Complimentary follow-up phone session to assess revised resume is included. Time permitting, LinkedIn profiles will also be evaluated.
Price: $125 One hour - with discount. Includes complimentary Resource Kit, for a total $200 value.
"Empowered Job Seeker™" is a program that helps candidates undergo effective job searches in the ever-changing marketplace. In this 3-hour (1.5 hours each session), one-on-one or group consultation, participants learn proven techniques to more successfully market themselves as the candidates of choice.
Learn How To:
- Find jobs in the hidden job market
- Improve your networking, social media, and LinkedIn skills
- Refine your interviewing and negotiating expertise
- Position yourself in the marketplace for advancement and promotion
- Seek out niches where you can add value
- Strengthen your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Work effectively with a recruiter
Pricing: $225 total (2 sessions, each 1.5 hours) with discount.
$300 value in total.
The Perfect Formula for Answering "What Is Your Greatest Accomplishment" in an Interview
When you're preparing for a job interview, you'll be anticipating the most common interview questions, and you'll want to prepare for a whole slew of behavioral questions that ask about your past experiences. So compared to stumpers like "Why should we hire you?" or "Tell me about a time you had a conflict with your boss," "What is your greatest accomplishment?" may seem like a breeze to answer. But actually coming up with your greatest accomplishment-your
greatest accomplishment? really?!-can feel daunting on the spot. That's why it's worth taking a few minutes to think about how you'd answer this question if asked.
Read more here
1. Free Webinar - How to Handle Problem Areas
Are there problem areas in your work history or on your Resume or CV that you feel may be preventing you from getting hired? No one has a perfect resume, and there are ways you can present any problem area that will help you get hired. During this session, we will address the following:
- Gaps of Employment
- Bad Credit
- Negative References
- Unstable Work History
- Unemployed for Months
Date: Tuesday, September 15th
Time: 2:00 PM (CDT)
2. Free Zoom Webinar - Illinois Science & Technology Coalition R&D Index + Researchers to Know 2020
Presented by Sterling Bay
, join the Illinois Science & Technology Coalition (ISTC)
as we release the 2020 R&D Index and our third annual Researchers to Know! This virtual event will explore new data on Illinois' R&D landscape, capacity for innovation and economic growth. In addition, ISTC will release its third annual Researchers to Know, with presentations from leading university researchers across the state.
Date: Wednesday, September 16th
Time: 2:00 PM - 3:30 PM (CDT)
3. The Art of the Pivot - A free virtual event by Chicago Innovation
If we could all trace our steps backwards over the past few months, we'd see that no one among us has walked a straight line. Our paths are full of pivots - but what's the thought process behind these quick movements? Is there a strategy for preparing for things you can't exactly plan for?
Pivoting is indeed an art form, and one that thankfully can be taught. Whether you're rethinking your product line, adapting to a new market, or staring down the blank pages of your next personal chapter, your success begins with that very first move towards change. Join us in learning from a few of Chicago's best adapters.
Date: Thursday, September 17th
Time: 3:00 PM - 4:00 PM (CDT)
4. A 75-min NSENG webinar on "OVERCOMING UNIQUE CHALLENGES THAT WOMEN FACE DURING A JOB SEARCH" (for women only)
This is a special meeting for women only. And to the NSENG male members... if you have a wife or female friend that you think may benefit from attending this meeting, please encourage her to join us whether she's an NSENG member or not.
Job interviewers make up their minds about you in a matter of seconds - for women, in particular, this can be a big challenge. As an individual who helped break the glass ceiling for women in the broadcast industry, CATHERINE JOHNS will show you how you can make a more powerful and memorable impression from the beginning to the end of an interview. With the right approach, you can create credibility so people will want to know you better, refer you and/or hire you. During her presentation, you will discover how to:
- Come across confident and in command during phone calls, interviews and networking meetings.
- Change your internal state of mind so you actually "feel" more confident.
- Manage your non-verbal communications to make a stronger impression.
- Use your voice and choice of words to make sure you're delivering the message you want to send.
- Understand what you may be doing to yourself that undermines your credibility.
Date: Monday, September 21st
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM (CDT)
5. Free Webinar - Timing & Research are Critical in a Job Search
Your job search is all about timing and being the most prepared. You should NOT be spending more than 15% of your time applying to job boards because that is where you have the most competition and lowest rate of return on your investment of time. During this session, we will address the following:
- The impact of timing on your job search
- Thorough research of a company and contacts is critical
Date: Tuesday, September 22nd
Time: 10:00 AM (CDT)
6. UIC Office of Postdoctoral Affairs presents 2020 Career Development Symposium
In celebration of the National Postdoc Appreciation Week, UIC PDA is hosting a virtual 2020 Career Development Symposium. We at LH&A are excited to attend and participate in their Science Communications panel and networking session.
The event is catered to helping individuals in the STEM fields discover and network into a wide range of PhD career paths. This event is open to all: postdocs, graduate students, scientists from UIC and other institutions are welcome to attend! Look forward to virtually meeting you there.
Date: Sept 21st - Sept 25th
Lynn Hazan & Associates | Lynn@lhazan.com | 312.863.5401 | lhazan.com
Follow us on our social media: