“The City Manager search has been a robust process with significant input from the candidates and review from the Council,” Mayor Leslie Schneider said. “I’ve been impressed by the qualifications of those who have expressed interest in working here, and look forward to the selection of a new City Manager early next year.”
Meet the finalists
- The community will get an opportunity to hear from the finalists during a live, online community open house from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. on Thursday, Jan. 7.
- Community members may submit questions in advance by sending an email to email@example.com by 10 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 4.
- How to participate
- Zoom (Webinar ID: 960 5831 1933)
- To join the community open house on Zoom, please click the link below (no registration is required): https://bainbridgewa.zoom.us/j/96058311933
- Join by telephone: Dial +1 (253) 215-8782 and enter the webinar ID
- City website livestream: Visit the Agendas & Minutes page, then click on "In Progress" when the meeting starts (similar to City Council meetings)
- Bremerton Kitsap Access Television (BKAT): The meeting will be broadcast live on Channel 12 on Comcast & Channel 3 on WAVE
The candidate selected will replace City Manager Morgan Smith whose contract expired in December 2020. The Council selected Ellen Schroer to serve as Interim City Manager until a new City Manager is hired. Schroer joined the City 10 years ago as the Director of Finance and Administrative Services. She was promoted to Deputy City Manager in 2018.
The City Manager reports to and is appointed by the City Council, as the City operates under a Council-Manager form of government. The City Manager provides policy advice, directs the daily operations of City government, handles personnel functions and is responsible for preparing the City budget.
The City Council hired Strategic Government Resources (SGR) to lead the nationwide search. SGR specializes in public sector executive recruitment.