|10-12-20: Grateful for Harvest. Job Openings|
season is the time where we get to see and experience first hand, the fruits of the farmer's labor. All the colors, smells and feelings warm our hearts.
We are very grateful to be able to experience these - whether it's the hard work and toil of your own efforts or the success of the people you are surrounded by.
Enjoy the bounty. Be grateful for the opportunity. Stay motivated. Plant seeds, give care, remove weeds (distractions), be mindful and reap rewards!
"When the talent is torrential, the harvest is inevitable."
- Curtis Tyrone Jones
Get in touch with us. Let's discuss how LH&A can help you get started on your path to a successful career. Reach us at email@example.com or 312-369-9802.
P.S. The butternut squash soup and roasted butternut slices were delicious. I can't wait to make the next batch!
10/12/20 - In This Edition:
- Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago Area - Virtual, eventually on site (updated specs)
- Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Chicago - Virtual, eventually on site
- Patent Agent - IP Law firm - Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
- Marketing/PR/Recruiting Intern - LH&A - Virtual Position
4) Upcoming Events - Free webinars to aid your job search. NSENG and Wine & Webinar virtual events. Details below.
Our Current Openings
Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago & Northern Suburb
Virtual, eventually on site
Are you an analytical & creative B2B marketing leader? Have a diverse background working with tech products and services? 10-15 years of marketing experience, including 10 years in management? Want to lead a rapidly growing team with the opportunity to be promoted as their first CMO? Local talent only.
The position is currently virtual, eventually onsite.
Learn more here
Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Downtown Chicago
Virtual, eventually on site
Patent Agent- Intellectual Property Law Firm - Chicago
Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
Marketing/PR/Recruiting INTERN- Virtual
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Click here to keep reading...
Candidate Consulting Services-Virtual
$25 FALL DISCOUNT OFFERED!
- The Resume Review
In this session, Lynn Hazan will help you to break through the clutter of similar, boring resumes. You will receive practical suggestions and tips on how to revamp your resume. Complimentary follow-up phone session to assess revised resume is included. Time permitting, LinkedIn profiles will also be evaluated.
Price: $125 One hour - with discount. Includes complimentary Resource Kit, for a total $200 value.
"Empowered Job Seeker™" is a program that helps candidates undergo effective job searches in the ever-changing marketplace. In this 3-hour (1.5 hours each session), one-on-one or group consultation, participants learn proven techniques to more successfully market themselves as the candidates of choice.
Learn How To:
- Find jobs in the hidden job market
- Improve your networking, social media, and LinkedIn skills
- Refine your interviewing and negotiating expertise
- Position yourself in the marketplace for advancement and promotion
- Seek out niches where you can add value
- Strengthen your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Work effectively with a recruiter
Pricing: $225 total (2 sessions, each 1.5 hours) with discount.
$300 value in total.
How COVID-19 made concise messaging even more crucial
There's a place in your content mix for long-form pieces and deep dives, but brevity is what will hook new audiences.
How has COVID-19 affected the trend toward shorter, "snackable" content?
Much like it has with other trends heading into 2020, the global pandemic has ramped up transformation and forced communicators to innovate to find new audiences. That means finding ways to break up your long-winded treatise on your product of the future.
For audiences exhausted after six months of crisis and information overload, you must be concise.
Read more here
1. A 75-min NSENG webinar on "INTEGRATING ONLINE & OFFLINE TOOLS TO BUILD YOUR BRAND & YOUR NETWORK"
Your brand and your network are two of your most valuable assets during a job search. But it takes an integrated online and offline communications approach to fully leverage the power of each. Social media like LinkedIn can provide you with expansive "reach" but the human interactions are what deliver the credibility and the chemistry. When you combine both, your job search progress can accelerate quickly and during this webinar, author and sales coach, DAVID FISHER, will present on his perspectives on "How to integrate online and offline tools to build your brand and your network".
Some of the topics that David will cover include:
- Connecting your online activities to your offline goals
- Building a clear, concise brand message across platforms
- Developing communication cadences that keep you top-of-mind with your network and target companies
- Finding ways to foster your offline relationships with online engagement
- Leveraging LinkedIn to create engagement for job opportunities
Date: Monday, October 12th
Time: 7:00 PM - 8:15 PM (CDT)
2. Free Webinar - What to do if Money is Tight
3. Wine & Webinar: Turning Interviews into Content: How to Get and Use Information from Subject Matter Experts with speaker Brian O'Neill
It's important to address your financial situation throughout your job search. Often a
job search takes much longer than anticipated which results in financial strain. During
this session, we will address the following:
- What to access
- Questions you must answer
- Needs vs. wants
Date: Tuesday, October 13th
Time: 10:00 AM (CDT)
You know copy. You know web sites. But you aren't an expert in everything you're creating content for. Subject matter experts know their stuff. They know all the products and services and customer needs...but they tend to speak in jargon.
How do we marry the two? Subject matter expert interviews.
In this Wine and Web we will:
Learn how to conduct an SME interview
How to make it an actual conversation
How to get the information you need when you don't know what information you need
How to align the conversation in a way that reveals conversions
How to turn that into actual content
Become a subject matter expert on subject matter experts.
Date: Tuesday, October 13th
Time: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM (CDT)
4. A NSENG 2.5-Hour Online Workshop: "Maximizing the Value of LinkedIn During Your Job Search"
During this 2.5-hour instructional session, MARTY GILBERT, NSENG founder and job search coach, will walk you through the LinkedIn platform and provide you with his perspectives on the following topics:
- Specific goals of an effective LinkedIn profile
- Actions you should take in each section of your profile to make your background stand out
- How Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a huge part in attracting recruiters
- What recruiters see in the back-end of LinkedIn when looking for qualified candidates
- How to use LinkedIn criteria-based searches to find more target companies and key influencers
- Example scripts on how to engage your LinkedIn connections for help
- Marketing and social media tactics on how to draw more traffic to your LinkedIn profile
- How you can use an Artificial Intelligence extension to LinkedIn to get background on the people you may be interviewing with before you even meet them
Date: Wednesday, October 21st
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (CDT)
5. Free Webinar - Get Organized so Things Don't Slip Through the Cracks!
It is critical to track all your job search activities because of the contacts you make daily. You cannot possibly remember all the resumes you've submitted, calls you've made and new contacts if you haven't been organized. If you have no current system, this session was written for you. During this session, we will discuss the following:
- Information you must organize
- Your Daily Plan
- The importance of your calendar
- Sample Forms you can utilize
Date: Thursday, October 22nd
Time: 11:00 AM (CDT)
Lynn Hazan & Associates | Lynn@lhazan.com | 312.863.5401 | lhazan.com
Follow us on our social media: