|10-19-20: Coaching Tip for Candidates Seeking Leadership Positions|
Leadership is not really a position nor a title. It is action and example. While everyone finds their own approach to leadership, there are certain qualities that many great leaders share. These are portrayed in all aspects of one's personal and professional life.
Let's do an activity
: Review the 5 traits
listed below and cite examples of how you have personified
- Express Care
See what Howard Shore, author of "The Leader Launch Pad: Five Steps to Fuel Your Business & Lift your Profits" has to say about these traits: Person's character foundation.
Do you have what it takes? When you interview for leadership positions, weave in your stories that match the traits listed above.
"The pessimist complains about the wind. The optimist expects it to change. The leader adjusts the sails"
- John Maxwell
Get in touch with us. Let's discuss how LH&A can help you get started on your path to a successful career. Reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 312-369-9802.
10/19/20 - In This Edition:
- Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago Area - Virtual, eventually on site (updated specs)
- Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Chicago - Virtual, eventually on site
- Patent Agent - IP Law firm - Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
- Marketing/PR/Recruiting Intern - LH&A - Virtual Position
4) Upcoming Events - Free webinars to aid your job search. NSENG and Wine & Webinar virtual events. Details below.
Our Current Openings
Sr. Director of Marketing - IT Consulting Firm - Chicago & Northern Suburb
Virtual, eventually on site
Are you an analytical & creative B2B marketing leader? Have a diverse background working with tech products and services? 10-15 years of marketing experience, including 10 years in management? Want to lead a rapidly growing team with the opportunity to be promoted as their first CMO? Local talent only.
The position is currently virtual, eventually onsite.
Learn more here
Medical Writer - Medical Communication Agency - Downtown Chicago
Virtual, eventually on site
Patent Agent- Intellectual Property Law Firm - Chicago
Interviews to be conducted when their offices fully reopen.
Marketing/PR/Recruiting INTERN- Virtual
Our internship program is unique in that we share knowledge: we teach and learn from each other. Flexible hours; can receive college credit. Work side-by-side with president and other interns in an energetic environment. A definite career builder for a student or new grad interested in marketing, communications, human resources or recruiting. Click here to keep reading...
Candidate Consulting Services-Virtual
$25 FALL DISCOUNT OFFERED!
- The Resume Review
In this session, Lynn Hazan will help you to break through the clutter of similar, boring resumes. You will receive practical suggestions and tips on how to revamp your resume. Complimentary follow-up phone session to assess revised resume is included. Time permitting, LinkedIn profiles will also be evaluated.
Price: $125 One hour - with discount. Includes complimentary Resource Kit, for a total $200 value.
"Empowered Job Seeker™" is a program that helps candidates undergo effective job searches in the ever-changing marketplace. In this 3-hour (1.5 hours each session), one-on-one or group consultation, participants learn proven techniques to more successfully market themselves as the candidates of choice.
Learn How To:
- Find jobs in the hidden job market
- Improve your networking, social media, and LinkedIn skills
- Refine your interviewing and negotiating expertise
- Position yourself in the marketplace for advancement and promotion
- Seek out niches where you can add value
- Strengthen your resume and LinkedIn profile
- Work effectively with a recruiter
Pricing: $225 total (2 sessions, each 1.5 hours) with discount.
$300 value in total.
The 51 Coolest Side Projects We've Ever Seen
We talk a lot about inspiring careers here. But what often gets neglected as we're talking about all the cool things people are doing during their day jobs is all the cool things they're doing outside of the 9-to-5.
So today, we're fixing that in a big way. Read on for 51 of the coolest side projects we've ever seen. These projects really run the gamut-from blogs
to small businesses, projects that are just getting off the ground to ones that have already been completed or turned into full-time gigs-but they all have one thing in common: They might give you a great project idea of your own.
If you've been looking for ideas for your own project to do in your free time, check these out as inspiration and as proof of the amazing things that can be done outside of a full-time job.
Read more here
1. A NSENG 2.5-Hour Online Workshop: "Maximizing the Value of LinkedIn During Your Job Search"
During this 2.5-hour instructional session, MARTY GILBERT, NSENG founder and job search coach, will walk you through the LinkedIn platform and provide you with his perspectives on the following topics:
- Specific goals of an effective LinkedIn profile
- Actions you should take in each section of your profile to make your background stand out
- How Search Engine Optimization (SEO) plays a huge part in attracting recruiters
- What recruiters see in the back-end of LinkedIn when looking for qualified candidates
- How to use LinkedIn criteria-based searches to find more target companies and key influencers
- Example scripts on how to engage your LinkedIn connections for help
- Marketing and social media tactics on how to draw more traffic to your LinkedIn profile
- How you can use an Artificial Intelligence extension to LinkedIn to get background on the people you may be interviewing with before you even meet them
Date: Wednesday, October 21st
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM (CDT)
2. Free Webinar - Get Organized so Things Don't Slip Through the Cracks!
It is critical to track all your job search activities because of the contacts you make daily. You cannot possibly remember all the resumes you've submitted, calls you've made and new contacts if you haven't been organized. If you have no current system, this session was written for you. During this session, we will discuss the following:
- Information you must organize
- Your Daily Plan
- The importance of your calendar
- Sample Forms you can utilize
Date: Thursday, October 22nd
Time: 11:00 AM (CDT)
3. Free Webinar - Book 50% More Interviews
Your primary focus as a job seeker is to schedule interviews. You should wake up every day and ask yourself one question - "How can I schedule an interview today?" If you are not happy with the results of your job search and the number of interviews you are scheduling, this training was written for you. During this session, you will learn the Nine Strategies to Book More Interviews.
Date: Tuesday, October 27th
Time: 1:00 PM (CDT)
4. Wine & Webinar: Your Website Homepage? It Isn't Your Homepage Anymore
As search engine result page (SERP) features become more intelligent and prominent, and voice search continues to grow, the age-old goal of "drive traffic to your site" is slowly being diminished. Rather, it's time to actually deliver on the promise of giving audiences the information they're looking for-where and when they're looking for it.
In this webinar, you will:
- Learn why Google SERPS are your new homepage, and how to tackle them holistically. (Hint: it's not just SEO)
- Learn how schema markup, structured content, PR, and ethical and empathetic marketing combine to help you win today's search game
- Get actionable tips on how to use topical keyphrase research and Google Analytics data to create high-ranking content that targets audiences with both commercial and informational intent
- Find out how to actually track this stuff
Date: Tuesday, October 27th
Time: 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM (CDT)
5. Fall Social - Beer & Science Fun by the Chicago Council on Science & Technology
A virtual event, with a night full of festivities planned for the STEM crowd! This will be a great opportunity for Chicago scientists, builders, thinkers, and dreamers to get together and talk shop, to learn about new opportunities in the area, and to kick back and relax in a new (virtual) environment.
Date: Thursday, October 29th
Time: 6:00 PM - 7:30 PM CDT
Lynn Hazan & Associates | Lynn@lhazan.com | 312.863.5401 | lhazan.com
Follow us on our social media: