Our origin story...tracing our roots to 1905
In 1917, the Oregon legislature authorized irrigation districts to assume obligations to the United States for lands in the district and to become the agent of the United States.
On 8 December 1917, voters approved the formation of Klamath ID to assume repayment responsibilities and other obligations of our founding organization, the Klamath Water Users Association (incorporated in 1905) under its contract with the United States.
In 1918, Klamath ID entered into a contract with Reclamation for repayment of the costs of Project works thus dissolving the original KWUA. All repayment costs for the development of the project were fulfilled in accordance with our contract.