A successful webinar presentation needs attention to certain significant details for it to succeed. This ensures that learners have a meaningful learning encounter; you facilitate rapid conversations and encourage experience-sharing to achieve the eventual goal of spurring learning and better job performance.
These are some important items to prepare before a webinar.
- Prepare primary and secondary exercises or questions to allow "what if" situations.
- Run a survey to get more background information about your participants.
- Determine prior experience of the participants on a given topic.
- Prepare your examples and illustrations based on the participant profiles.
- Provide online access to advance readings and materials, videos and lessons.
- Have participants test their video and Internet speeds.
- Find a way through a group portal or social learning site or others like Sharepoint and LMs or Wiki to allow participants to introduce themselves and get to meet their co-participants online.
- Notify participants of very specific instructions on how to access session, schedule, and other reminders.
- Have a technology backup plan or emergency plan when issues like lost connectivity, frozen keyboards, etc happen.
- Keep a positive outlook and do your best but be prepared for the worst and psych yourself up that you are helping others gain value from your session.
Join the Masterful Virtual Trainer Online Workshop! A 3-session online workshop designed to help you create and deliver engaging, provocative and refreshing virtual sessions.
Main Topics covered:
- Designing engaging webinars
- Facilitating highly interactive webinars
- Extending the power of webinars