Looking for a name you know? Four Workshops are offered this day by Region 3 Professionals!
Carla Gajewskey, Irene Schulz, Lisa Weinheimer
Student Directed Learning = More time for Targeted Instruction
This virtual workshop will show you a simple and easy way to design a student directed classroom utilizing reader's and writer's workshop. The approach will allow you to provide targeted instruction, and allow your students to build stamina, fluency and comprehension while preparing them for STAAR. This type of instruction can easily go from classroom instruction to virtual instruction.
Assets Students Need To Develop With School Support
We all develop assets based on many different experiences and environments. What can teachers do to support students help them grow and develop assets? Every day teachers walk into classrooms and have a multitude of personalities, needs, conditions, challenges and heartaches to manage. Come learn ways you can show students strategies to learn and become the best that each of them can be as they grow up.
Tony Williams and Cliff Kinder
Leadership Lessons Learned this Spring that will Benefit us in 20-21
From things that worked to things that did not, we all learned lessons in leadership during the spring COVID19 experience that will help us be ready in the fall.
- How quickly can we be ready to flip the switch if we have to quarantine again?
- How can we increase rigor and assure our students are learning?
- How can we structure our time to be more accountable for our teachers and students attendance?
- What will we do to assure the students have connectivity and hardware when needed?
- How can we structure our at school instruction so that it can easily transition to virtual for modified schedules?
- How can we prepare and support our teachers physically and emotionally through this difficult time?
The answers lie in the experiences of the spring of 2020!
Molly Kresta & Katrese Skinner (ECISD)
Holding Your Own Virtual Contest for Elective Activities
Invitational Academic UIL, Speech and Debate, Fine Arts and more contests can be held virtually. Join the discussion on the nuts and bolts of making it work and what types of contests are appropriate.