If you're a middle school ELA educator, an ELA instructional coach, and/or have expertise in teaching middle school ELA then this session is for you. Join us as we discuss the following topics related to ELA at the middle school level.
Bring your device and any lesson plans/activities/assessments related to the topics below.
- Intervention: How do we support struggling readers and writers?
- Time: How do we manage implementing all the standards with our allotted minutes? What units are taught and when?
- Assessments: How do we prepare for and use district benchmark and state assessments?
- Writing and Research: What are students writing, how are they conducting research, and how do you give effective feedback?
- Technology Integration: Sharing resources and instructional methods
- Summative Grading vs Formative Assessment: What, how, and why we grade what we do?
Alignment to GOCSD Professional Learning Big Ideas
Capacity Building | Curriculum/Instruction/Assessment | Engagement | Innovation | Reimaging Educational Landscape |Student Agency/Student Voice | Systems Thinking/Collaborative Culture | The Whole Child