PEACE WALK INVITATION!
MUST READ to attend Mass
or Reconciliation in June.
Do not be Afraid! How comforting it is to hear these words from Jesus. How appropriate for our present times.
Our Sunday Masses continue. If you have any questions please read our policies
before attending Mass.
This must be said: we can not guarantee you will not contract the Covid-19 virus by attending Public Mass. We do believe our precautions are sufficient to minimize the risk. If you have any doubts, please, stay at home and join us on Sundays for the live streamed 9AM Mass.
I remain grateful for the support of our volunteer Greeters, Ushers and Cleaners! Without your support we could not hold public Masses. Please continue to BE PATIENT with the parish volunteers and with one another during this time. PLEASE follow all instructions given by ushers and greeters.
We are exploring returning to our Summer Mass Schedule but volunteers would be needed to cover ALL three Masses, the 5pm Vigil, 8am and 10:30am Sunday Masses. Currently we are not confident that we would have enough volunteers.
Some brief updates on other matters:
- PEACE WALK! Bishop Samuel L. Green Sr., of the Seventh Episcopal District of the African Methodist Episcopal Church, invites people of all faiths to participate in an ecumenical Peace Walk on Saturday, June 20, in conjunction with AME's Juneteenth celebrations. Bishop Guglielmone encourages all Catholics to join the Diocese of Charleston as we march with Bishop Green. All people interested in attending are asked to meet at 11 a.m. at Allen University, 1530 Harden Street, in Columbia. The group will walk together to the Statehouse. See the flier below. See Bishop Guglielmone's Statement Regarding the Death of George Floyd and Rioting in our Communities. I stand firmly with our Bishop!
- We have returned to the Sacrament of Confession. Please see the guidelines for going to Confession HERE. As with Mass, we will be using SIGNUP GENIUS to schedule times for Confession. You do NOT have to sign up using your name. You can use your initials or a nickname to reserve a time.
- Parish meeting rooms are available for group meetings starting on 15 June! Strict protocols are in place for the reservation and use of these rooms. Rooms must be reserved through Pat Moore at the parish office. Please email her at email@example.com. Before contacting Pat Moore to reserve a room please review the protocols for the use of parish facilities during Covid-19 Precautions HERE!
- Our finances continue to be monitored closely. Many thanks to all those who are responding so generously. See the update HERE of our collections. The last weekend of the month can be a challenge for our budget! Fortunately, the first weekend of the month helps to offset our losses. Thank you for your continued support.
- Repairs to the roof and ceiling of St. Ignatius Hall begun on 2 June have slowed. We are waiting for the glass for the new windows. No pictures this week!
- I look forward to seeing everyonel at a Sunday or Daily Mass!
Peace and all good,