As 2019 winds down, your Executive Board wants to thank you for your support in reinvigorating the Friends organization. It has been an incredible seven months, thanks to the support of our members and hard work by your Executive Board and library staff. Here are just a few highlights.
- Designed a new logo
- Activated a new website that processes online donations and memberships.
- Held a record setting book sale in November.
- Fielded a month long survey of public opinion to determine what Aiken wants in the renovated library.
- Formed a partnership with Aiken County to renovate the library whereby the county will provide 2 dollars for every one the Friends provide, up to a total of 3 million dollars.
- Fielded a quarterly newsletter such as this one to keep our members informed.
- Established a new level of financial oversight including a CPA to keep our financial records on Quick Books.
- Created a new membership form including new levels of membership. This approach appears to be well received and should generate record memberships in 2020.
Mark your Calendar:
Friday, January 10 at 12 p.m.
Help ring in the New Year with a
for the new front steps
Tuesday, January 21 at 3 p.m.
Friends Annual Meeting and Election of Officers
We will unveil the floor plans and timetable for the renovated library.
On behalf of the Executive Board, we wish you happy holidays and a healthy, prosperous 2020.
For the Executive Board