GNF Members - Further Update 20 March
In case you weren’t tuned in to the PM’s briefing, the main points are:
- Cafes, pubs and restaurants must close from Friday night, They are, however, allowed to remain open in order to provide take-away food and drink.
- Night clubs, theatres, cinemas, gyms and leisure centres have been asked to close "as soon as they reasonably can".
- The government is setting up a job retention scheme whereby employers can get a grant of 80% of the wages of staff that are not working up to a limit of £2,500 per month
- VAT for all businesses will be deferred until the end of June and businesses will have until the end of the financial year to repay those bills
- The interest-free period of the Coronavirus business interruption loan scheme will be increased from 6 to 12 months.
- Self-employed people will be able to access, in full, Universal Credit at a rate equivalent to Statutory Sick Pay for employees
We will send through the details when they are published.
With very best wishes,