1. Who was Time Magazine's "Person of the Year" in 2009?
2. Cinco de Mayo is the biggest day for Americans to eat avocados. What is the second largest avocado eating occasion?
3. Second to the Nile (4,145 miles), which is the world's next longest river?
4. The Eiffel Tower, 984 feet tall, was the world's tallest building in 1900. What was the second?
5. What was America's first fast food place?
Scroll for answers.
It's not that I'm so
smart, it's just that I stay with
~ Albert Einstein
Life is short. Live it up.
~ N. Khrushchev
Don't wait. The time will never be just right.
~ Napoleon Hill
Do something the world would care about
for years after you have passed on.
~ Lorrin L. Lee
If you really look closely, most overnight successes took a long time.
~ Steve Jobs
I never did anything worth doing by accident, nor did any of my inventions come indirectly through accident, except the phonograph. No, when I have fully decided that a result is worth getting, I go about it and make trial after trial until it comes.
~ Thomas Edison
I cannot think of any need in childhood as strong as the need for a father's protection.
~ Sigmund Freud
Character cannot be developed in ease and quiet. Only through experience of trial and suffering can the soul be strengthened, ambition inspired, and success achieved.
American Express reports corporate travel is up 40 percent since 2007. Venture Up is also feeling a surge, with a sharp rise in fall bookings, and the highest number of August team building programs run since 2001. "Many of our clients tell us they are stable and have new budgets. They are ready to invest in their teams," says David Lengyel, managing director of Venture Up.
Overall, top corporate managers appear to be holding on to their best and brightest to break trail in the new economy. Thanks to our long-time clients and recent additions, Venture Up is ready to forge ahead to a successful fall 2010 with even more new programs.