A Message from our SJSC President
Siempre Adelante are the best words to use for the enthusiastic and exhilarating plans in place that await the students and families of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School in the 2017-18 school year. A feeling of gratitude is the first thing I wish to share with you. Your choice of St. Junipero Serra Catholic School to educate your children and partner with you in developing their faith life, is the foundation upon which we work each year to expand, improve and implement new and sensational spiritual, academic, and extra-curricular programs. The energy of the staff and parents working together for this new school year is motivating and contagious. The partnership demonstrates our commitment to the teachings of Jesus Christ and to the family values and love we all hold so dear to our hearts. We are pleased to publicly welcome to St. Junipero Serra Catholic School the many new families who are joining our faith-filled, energetic and vibrant community. Please join our PTO ambassador leaders and me as we open our arms to these families, helping them to feel the caring heart that beats strong.
Announcement of School Theme 2017-2018
we lift each other up. We are SERRASTRONG!
And let us consider how to lift up one another, to love and good works
- Hebrews 10:24
Each year we are always eager to announce our theme for the year. We remain focused on being a faith community that is SERRASTRONG in God's great love for us. For the 2017-18 school year as we watch our new Chapel and Education facility be lifted from ground to sky, we are reminded we can only be strong if we are: Stronger together...we lift each other up. The verse we have chosen from Hebrews reminds us that the best way to do God's great work is with each other and with the virtue of LOVE. This school year, our administration, teachers, staff, parent leadership, students and families will succeed and grow in God's love with the strength of the gift of each other. This school year, let us all find every way we can through our words and actions to lift up our students, staff and parents. Together our actions help our caring heart to beat strong with God's love.
In lieu of Business Day and staying true to our continued efforts to keep you informed and connected, we have planned three Constant Contacts with exciting news. The details of each Constant Contact include:
Today's Welcome Back Constant Contact
- Launching of New App -- GET IT TODAY!
No Business Day?/Online Student Store
- SERRASTRONG event -- August 24, 2017
- Volunteer fair at SERRASTONG event
- Sapphire Lunch Announcement
- Golf and Harvest news
August 10, 2017 - Includes Staff Announcements/Homeroom List
- Accessing Homeroom Lists online -- August 11
- Announcement of new teachers/new staff/staff movement
- ELA/Math placement to be sent on August 14, 2017
- Exciting news about our TK program
- Bootcamp updates
- Diocesan news
- Reminder of Back-to-School dates
- Athletic News
August 22, 2017 - Includes Construction Update/Link to Video/First Week of School & More
- Update on progress of current construction
- Link to construction camera so you can follow progress
- Final plans for SerraStrong event on August 24
- First day of school plan for August 28
- Other details for first week of school
- School morning and afternoon traffic/bus procedures/parking
- PTO has a few new and great announcements
God is Good All the Time...All the Time God is Good.
Mrs. Angeline Trudell
Stronger together... we lift each other up. We are SERRASTRONG!
And let us consider how to lift up one another, to love and good works
- Hebrews 10:24
THE SJSC APP Is Here!
Download the SJSC app today! Everything you need is at your fingertips! Look for these topics:
- School Calendar
- Call Us - Attendance line and School Office
- Parents - Events & Programs - RSVP for the SerraStrong Welcome Event & Volunteer Fair
- Parents - View Ready Set Go for Quick Links to Sycamore, Uniform Info and Scrip
- Volunteering - ask a question, keep up with new volunteer opportunities on campus
- Faith - Daily readings, all four parish Mass schedules, Catholic prayers, the Bible
- Athletics - schedules and directions updated seasonally.
- Web links and emails all in one place! Feedback on our app? Please
e-mail Mrs. Dubeau, VP Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No Business Day? No Worries...
Need PE Uniforms? Need Additional Student Supplies? Need Harvest Festival T-Shirts?
Online Student Store
Monday, August 21 at 3:00 p.m.
to pick up your items at the SerraStrong Welcome Event on
Thursday, August 24th
. If not attending, your items will be delivered to your oldest student's classroom the first week of school.
Beginning this school year, the Student Store located in the School Office, WILL NOT be open until mid-September and will have limited hours and days of operations.
Need Volunteer Hours?
for Sign Up Genius Opportunities!
SERRASTRONG! Welcome Back & Volunteer Fair Event
Thursday, August 24, 2017
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. New Families
4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m. Returning Families
Kick off the 2017-2018 school year with our SerraStrong! Welcome Back & Volunteer Fair Event! Reconnect with St. Serra friends and staff and welcome new families to our SJSC community. Make sure to arrive early to enjoy the official school year blessing by Mrs.Trudell and enjoy food, fun, games and music.
Items purchased from the online Student Store will be available for pick up only. There will be no sales at this event.
*NEW* Volunteer Fair: Stop by and say hello to fellow parent volunteers and check out the amazing activities that SJSC has planned for us during the 2017-2018 school year. This fair will be your opportunity to learn more about the events and sign up for service hours.
New families are invited to arrive at 4:00 p.m. to have some extra time to visit the volunteer booths and get acquainted with all the great things SJSC has to offer!
TK Burger will be back serving up some delicious local Southern California flavor with their burgers and chicken sandwiches.
for your meal today! The meal includes hamburger, cheeseburger, veggie burger or chicken sandwich, chips and a drink (soda or bottled water). Pre-Ordered meals are due by
Monday, August 21st at 3:00 p.m. $8.00 presale / $10.00 at the door. Orders must be received online by the deadline above to receive the discounted pricing.
Service Project: We will be collecting travel size toiletries (shampoo, toothbrush & paste, shower gel, deodorant etc.) at the SerraStrong! Welcome Event and distributing them to those in need in our community. With your help individuals will benefit.
BMX Bike Show:
Back by popular demand! Don't miss out on the highly entertaining and high-flying fun of the BMX show. Sure to be another great performance by the
BMX Freestyle Team
- we welcome everyone, young and old to sit back and enjoy the show!
SAPPHIRE AT SCHOOL Student Lunch Program
The Sapphire at School Team is Excited to Partner with the SJSC Community
Together they aim "to nourish and educate young people for a lifetime of well-being", and are looking forward to providing fresh, chef-prepared meals to your student during the year.
What sets the Sapphire at School program apart from others, is their commitment to the
highest quality of food, which is locally sourced, made from scratch, with tasty recipes created
by chefs. They anticipate a wonderful year and look forward to seeing your student in the lunch line.
for more information about Sapphire At School.
22nd Annual St. Serra Classic
Thursday, September 28, 2017
Tijeras Creek Golf Course
Our Golf Classic Event Chair, Mr. Alan Zawistoski and his team, along with PTO VP Golf, Courtnay Flick, are planning an exciting tournament with several new features. So get your foursomes together and register today!
- Registration - Online Golfer is now open! Don't delay we are likely to sell out again this year!
- Sponsorship - Please support our St. Serra Golf Classic by becoming a Sponsor
- Golf Classic 2017 - Stay up to date on all of the latest information regarding Golf Classic 2017! Ball Drop will be back on campus! Do you want an opportunity to win $3,000 and earn student incentives! Stay tuned, more information to come
- Event Volunteers - Sign up at the SerraStrong event or watch for the Sign Up Genius link coming in the first SerraDIPITY newsletter.
2017 Harvest Festival
Sunday, October 29, 2017
11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Our 2017 Harvest Festival Event Chairs, Alexis Weddingfeld and Sue Deek-Ahmadi and PTO VP Harvest Festival, Teacia Andrew, along with the Harvest Festival Team
have been busy planning a fantastic day to celebrate our school and our country!
Start planning your day of fun now by checking out the following:
- Underwriting Opportunities - Help us make this day a success through your generous donations and in return, we offer some amazing benefits such as FRONT OF THE LINE PASSES, RESERVED E-Z UPS and more!
- T-Shirts - Shirts are on sale now through the Online Student Store! Get yours today to show your Harvest pride for only $15. Pre-ordered shirts will be available for pick up at the August 24th Serra Strong event.
- Event Volunteers - So many fun ways to earn your service hours!
- Feed the Festival - Interested in showcasing your cooking talents? Come together with friends to host a food booth or specialty food items.
- Harvest Festival Homepage - Stay up to date on all of the latest information regarding Harvest Festival 2017!