How would you like to be the expert CNN, NBC and CBS calls to educate millions of listeners on the power of philanthropy?
Or, the expert who is considered one of the most sought after speakers and experts for major philanthropy and social innovation conferences?
Or, the expert publishers and online content providers seek out to share messages that inspire millions of people toward greater civic engagement?
Before you can become a national (even global philanthropy social innovation expert) - you need to be visible. You need a platform, or a way of reaching millions of people.
Writing books, giving speeches, conducting radio and television interviews, social and digital media content, meeting with social investors, program volunteers, collaborating with funders, inspiring employees - these Top 25 Philanthropy Speakers are some of America's most sought-after experts.
They have built national platforms and reputations. Meeting planners regularly hire them to speak, facilitate conversations, inspire giving, disrupt philanthropy and influence social change.
There were more than 2,200 nominees for 2017 Top 25 Philanthropy Speakers, which is double the amount received last year.
So, who are the best philanthropy speakers that have inspired the charitable giving sector and advanced social innovation?
Darren Walker, President, Ford Foundation
2) Emmett Carson, President, Silicon Valley Community Foundation
3) Susan Desmond-Hellman, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
4) Amy Danforth, President, Fidelity Charitable
5) Sean Parker, Founder, Parker Foundation
6) Jim Collins, Author, Good to Great
Kris Putnam Walkerly, President, Putnam Consulting Group
8) Henry Timms, Executive Director, 92nd Street Y
Wendy Steele, Founder, Impact 100 Global
10) Adam Meyerson, President, Philanthropy Roundtable
11) Carrie Morgridge, Vice President, Morgridge Family Foundation
Cheryl Dorsey, President, Echoing Green
13) Sonal Shah, Executive Director, Beeck Center at Georgetown University
14) Beth Kanter, Author, The Happy Healthy Nonprofit
15) Abby Falik, Founder & CEO, Global Citizen Year
16) Antony Bugg Levine, CEO, Nonprofit Finance Fund
Mary Wong, President & CEO, Office Depot Foundation
18) La June Montgomery Tabron, President, W.K. Kellogg Foundation
19) Matt Flannery, Co-Founder, Kiva
20) Val Porter Cook, Entrepreneur, Writer & Leadership Coach
21) Jacqueline Novogratz, Founder, The Acumen Fund
22) Malissa Shriver, Executive Director, Turnaround Arts California
23) Andy Goodman, Founder, The Goodman Center
24) Bill High, President, National Christian Foundation Heartland
25) Todd Harper, President, Generous Giving
Michael Chatman is creator of the Philanthropy Experts and Leaders Academy and founder of The Philanthropy Speakers Agency, representing experts, influencers and communicators in social innovation, philanthropy and civic engagement. To reach Michael, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org