The 2017 Annual Compliance Reporting requirements and documents are available under the Annual Compliance Reporting section on the Iowa Finance Authority (IFA) Housing Tax Credit Compliance
Federal regulations require that you submit information to IFA to monitor both Housing Tax Credit and HOME projects on an annual basis.
Please make note of recent changes:
- Properties are being required to submit their HUD Form 5381 Model Emergency Transfer Plan for Victims of Domestic Violence, Dating Violence, Sexual Assault or Stalking. This plan was to be implemented by June 14, 2017 and is to be developed and maintained for every LIHTC and HOME project in Iowa.
- IFA requires that HOME only projects utilize this reporting process, including the use of our online system, Certification On Line (COL). If you are new to this process and need login information and training, please contact us.
- IFA is requiring that each Project submit a new "Compliance Monitoring Information Sheet" each year with the contact information requested. It is critical that we have the most up to date contact information so that we can keep in touch with you.
- If this is your first year reporting after placing your project in service and starting your credits in 2017, and/or your HOME Affordability Period began in 2017, your documentation is due to IFA by April 1, 2018.
- All other Project documentation is due by March 1, 2018.
- Don’t forget that you now have the ability to upload all of your Annual Report documents through the COL system. A manual on how to use the system to upload documents is found here.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact your assigned compliance officer or
, Director of Compliance.