Senator Renee Unterman (R-Buford) and Representative Richard Smith (R-Columbus) introduced legislation today that would protect Georgia consumers from surprise out-of-network medical bills. Georgia Watch supports this legislation and thanks them for their efforts. We encourage you to thank
for their efforts to protect Georgia consumers.
Surprise bills can happen when:
* You are treated by an out-of-network provider in an emergency situation;
* You have a planned procedure at an in-network facility and are not informed that an out-of-network provider will be involved in your care, or
* Your lab work or ultrasound tests are sent to out-of-network lab companies.
Ways to get involved:
* Stay informed through the Georgia Watch
* Share your surprise medical bill stories