|A Message from our SJSC President
As you continue your summer break, my wish for you is PEACE, JOY, HOPE, AND FAITH that GOD ALWAYS HAS A PLAN. We just need to listen to Him in prayer and reflection.
Announcement of School Theme, Virtue and Bible Verse for the 2018-2019 School Year
We are one united community in Christ--
courageous, kind, humble, and joyful
"So in Christ, we, though many, form one body."
Each year we look forward to announcing our theme for the year. We remain focused on being a faith community united in God's great love for us. For the 2018-19 school year, we are reminded that we are one community in Christ, and through Him we can be courageous, kind, humble and joyful. The verse we have chosen from Romans reminds us that we are all united together through Christ to form one body. Our virtue of JOY helps us focus on Jesus first, others second, and ourselves last.
Today's Welcome Back Constant Contact
- SERRASTRONG Welcome Event and Volunteer Fair -- August 28, 2018
- School-wide Information - In-N-Out Lunch Program update, Bus Program sign-ups, Uniforms and Spirit Store information, and more!
- NEW - St. Serra Community-wide Gift Gathering Program
- Laptop Bootcamps
- Golf and Harvest news
Watch for future Constant Contacts on the following days:
August 13, 2018
- Accessing homeroom lists online -- August 14
- Announcement of new teachers/new staff
- Sapphire Lunch Program update
- Reminder of back-to-school dates
- Additional information on Grand Opening
August 27, 2018
- Final plans for SerraStrong Event on August 28
- First-day-of-school information for September 4
- Other details for first week of school
- School morning and afternoon traffic/bus procedures/parking
- PTO has a few new and great announcements
God is Good All the Time...All the Time God is Good.
Mrs. Angeline Trudell
St. Serra Community-Wide Gift Gathering Program
In our email on August 13, we will be launching the 2018-2019 Gift Gathering program in support of all PTO fundraisers for the coming school year. You can do your part to help make all of our SJSC fundraising events a success by signing up to donate a specific item or gift card, which will streamline our gift-gathering process.
In-N-Out Lunch Programs
In-N-Out Fundraising Lunch Program. In-N-Out ordering for the month of September is now open! Balanced choices are an important part of choosing meal plans. After receiving so many requests from students and parents, the In-N-Out program is returning. The meals will be served on Thursdays all year long, EXCEPT for Thursday, September 27, 2018 when instead In-N-Out will be served on Wednesday, September 26, 2018.
Meals are offered one month at a time, for ALL meals during that month. Individual weeks are not an option. There will be an Annual Order (October - June) offered twice a year, once in fall and once in winter. Watch school email communications for links and due dates.
September ORDERS are now available until Friday, August 24!
Annual Orders (October - June meals) and October Monthly Orders begin Tuesday, August 28.
St. Serra Bus Program
Enrollment for the St. Serra Bus Program for the 2018-2019 school year is now open to all St. Serra Families. Information regarding the bus routes, including locations, pick-up and drop-off times, cost, etc., can be found on the St. Serra website - under the
Parents Only section - Transportation Program
- There is ample availability for the morning routes, however, availability for the afternoon routes is limited at this time and is on a first come basis.
- If you are interested in riding the bus, please send an email to Transportation@serraschool.org. We will respond to your email in the order in which they are received, confirming if there is availability for the route you are interested in and also provide you with the necessary paperwork.
- Please email the Transportation Group (Transportation@serraschool.org) with any questions you may have.
Serra Spirit Store
Need PE Uniforms? Additional School Supplies, like rosaries? Harvest Festival t-shirts? We have SJSC logo hats, tumblers and license plate frames too!
Online Serra Spirit Store
is here! Order by Monday, August 20 at 3:00 p.m. to pick up your purchased items at the SerraStrong Welcome Event & Volunteer Fair on Tuesday, August 28. If not attending, your items will be delivered to your oldest student's classroom the first week of school. When ordering, please consider our volunteers and note your family's last name on orders for proper processing.
Pick up your pre-ordered new SerraStrong t-shirts for your student!
In your Registration fee, parents ordered a class color SerraStrong t-shirt for each student. This shirt is to be worn with uniform bottoms on minimum days, unless formal uniform is required that day. Pick up your student's SerraStrong shirt beginning at the SerraStrong Welcome Event & Volunteer Fair on Tuesday, August 28. If not attending, shirts will be delivered to your oldest student's classroom the first week of school.
Need Volunteer Hours?
for Sign Up Genius Opportunities in the Serra Spirit Store in August and September!
UPCOMING PTO EVENTS & PROGRAMS
What to expect this fall....here is what you need to know.
- VIEW the PTO Facts Sheet
- Please VIEW a special message from our 2018-19 PTO President Shannon O'Connor
- Visit the PTO EVENTS & PROGRAMS page for more information on PTO-sponsored programs offered at St. Serra.
- Check your Inbox on Sunday, September 2, for the first of the new school year Sunday Parent E-mail! The issue will include reminders for the first week of school and our 2018-19 Room Parent Team lists.
- Do you have the SJSC App? Download it today by clicking the link below and have everything you need at your fingertips:
2018-2019 LAPTOP BOOTCAMPS
This summer our exciting Laptop
for returning students entering Third Grade, and all NEW students to Serra entering Grades Three to Eight
Bootcamps will be held on August 14, 15 and 16.
Next week a reminder will be sent to all families who have registered for Bootcamp with the day and time of their session.
If your family will not be available to attend the session for which you registered, please email
immediately so that we can work with you to schedule your family on another date.
Important reminders regarding Bootcamps:
- Students must attend the Bootcamp in order to check-out their laptop
- One parent must accompany students at the Bootcamp
- Each Bootcamp session will last between 11/2 - 2 hours
- Laptops are required when school begins
SERRASTRONG WELCOME EVENT AND VOLUNTEER FAIR
Thursday, August 28, 2018
4:00 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Returning Families: 4:30 p.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Kick off the 2018-2019 school year with our SerraStrong Welcome Event & Volunteer Fair! Reconnect with friends and faculty and welcome new families to our SJSC community. Plan to arrive at the start of the event to participate in the official school year blessing by Mrs.Trudell and enjoy food, fun, games, and music.
Stop by and say hello to fellow parent volunteers and check out the amazing activities that SJSC has planned for us during the 2018-2019 school year. This will be your opportunity to learn more about the events and sign up for service hours. Mrs. Chavez will be taking volunteer signups for Lunch Duty, Snack Bar, Sapphire Lunch, Kinder Lunch Duty, and In & Out. New families are invited to arrive at 4:00 p.m. to have some extra time to visit the volunteer booths and get acquainted with all the great things SJSC has to offer!
TK Burger will be back serving up some delicious local Southern California flavor with their burgers and chicken sandwiches.
for your meal today! Meal includes a hamburger, cheeseburger, veggie burger, or chicken sandwich, chips and a drink (soda or bottled water). Pre-Ordered meals are due by
Monday, August 20 at 3:00 p.m. $8.00 pre-sale/$10.00 at the door. Orders must be received online by the deadline above to receive the discounted pricing.
Service Project - Food for the Homeless:
We will be gathering homeless packages for Catholic Charities of Orange County to help feed the homeless. Homeless packages include: socks, juice boxes, bottled water, snack bars (ie: granola bars), travel size amenities (ie: toothbrush, toothpaste, shampoo, body wash, lotion). With the increasing number of homeless in the area, they cannot keep enough in supply, so please consider donating to help our local community who is in need. Thank you for support.
Ultimate Obstacle Course:
Risk, challenge and fun all combined into one! Compete as individuals or grade levels. Try to make it through without falling, hitting an obstacle, or being eliminated. Will you be the fastest?
ST. SERRA GOLF CLASSIC
Monday, September 24, 2018
Coto de Caza Golf and Racquet Club
VP-Golf Courtnay Flick and Event Chairs
Alan Zawistoski and Mike Ferletic, along with their
team, are planning an exciting tournament with several new features. Get your foursomes together and register today!
- Registration - Online Golfer registration is now open! Don't delay, we are likely to sell out again this year! Register early to receive the $295 per player fee
- Sponsorship - Please support our St. Serra Golf Classic by becoming a Sponsor
- Golf Classic 2018 - Stay up-to-date on all of the latest information
- Ball Drop - Do you want an opportunity to win $3,000 and earn student incentives? Buy your Ball Drop chances at the SerraStrong Event. Want to sell them early? CLICK HERE for the order form
- Event Volunteers - So many fun ways to earn your service hours
- Questions? Contact Event Chairs Alan Zawistoski and Mike Ferletic at email@example.com
2018 HARVEST FESTIVAL
Sunday, October 28, 2018
11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
The 2018 Harvest Festival Event Chairs,
Sue Deek-Ahmadi and Carrie Mulvee
, along with the PTO VP Harvest Festival, Teacia Andrew, and the
Harvest Festival Team
have been busy planning an amazing day to celebrate our school!
Start planning your day of fun now by checking out the following:
- Underwriting Opportunities - We encourage you to help us make this day a success through your generous donations and in return we offer some amazing benefits such as RESERVED E-Z UPS, FUN ZONE WRISTBANDS and more!
- Harvest Festival Raffle - First Prize: Trip to Hawaii or $3,000 cash. Second Prize: Parking Space in the St. Serra lot for a year! Buy your chances at the SerraStrong event - new incentives, INCLUDING Harvest Festival t-shirts. CLICK HERE to see all available incentives.
- T-Shirts - Shirts are on sale now through the Serra Spirit Store! Get yours today to show your Harvest pride for only $15. Pre-ordered shirts will be available for pick up at the August SerraStrong event.
- We depend on parent volunteers to help with rides, games, food, arts and crafts, and many other areas of Harvest. It's a fun way to get involved and earn your service hours. Sign-ups will go live on Sign-Up Genius mid-September. Please watch the SerraDipity for further information.
- Harvest Festival Homepage - Stay up to date on all of the latest information regarding Harvest Festival 2018!
- Questions? Contact Harvest Festival Event Chairs, Sue Deek-Ahmadi and Carrie Mulvee firstname.lastname@example.org.