CONCEPTUALIZE. CATALYZE. MOBILIZE.
We champion our profession and our members, and
attendees are the thought leaders, early adopters, advisers, and pathfinders in the rapidly changing world of legal information. Find your inspiration--join us at the premier educational and networking event for legal information professionals and elevate your career.
GET READY TO PUT KNOWLEDGE INTO ACTION IN BALTIMORE
And spread the word to your nonmember colleagues: Nonmember Conference Registration packages include a complimentary one-year AALL membership. By joining us in Baltimore, they'll be joining AALL!
RESOURCES TO GET YOU THERE
YOU CAN'T AFFORD TO STAY HOME
Even with this year's solid lineup of educational offerings, you might need some help getting support to attend. AALL offers financial assistance and tips for getting your boss to say, "Yes!"
- Don't leave money on the table: Did you know that AALL offers grants to cover registration costs for the Annual Meeting or preconference workshops? Special interest sections provide additional grant opportunities for their members, and some chapters do as well. But you'll need to act fast--applications are due April 1.
- Make your case: Is AALL 2018 on your boss's radar? You can't know unless you ask. We've got tools to help your boss understand why--despite the cost and time out of the office--you can't afford to miss out. Make a plan to get support--there's even a sample memo to your employer.
- Show the value: Seal the deal by sharing essential programming with your boss. We've got a list of educational programs that will show how your attendance will benefit your library through the new skills you'll develop, the latest trends you'll learn, and the strong network of trusted colleagues you'll build. (Looking for a printable listing of all the programs? We've got you covered.)
DO IT FOR THE SHARK CRED
A few creative go-getters ready to pitch their ideas--ideas that beat out all the others to reach this stage. A panel of judges comprised of the industry's thought leaders, waiting to be wowed. A rapt audience, eager to see who will sink or swim. It's the showcase of a major network (legal knowledge network, that is), truly "must-see" stuff. It's not Shark Tank. It's the return of AALL's innovation tournament!
Legal information professionals are forgoing the status quo every day--leverage this new opportunity to showcase your ideas. If you're in the process of developing a new, innovative, and implementable idea to improve your workplace, we want to hear from you. What's the hook? Two $2,500 prizes will be awarded to further support the development and implementation of compelling workplace innovations. Some serious shark cred comes with those prizes, too.
Apply by May 4. Applications will be evaluated later this spring; a group of finalists will be selected to present their innovation plans to attendees and a special panel of judges at the 2018 AALL Annual Meeting.
- Judges' Choice Winner: Katherine Lowry, Baker & Hostetler LLP (Attorney-Facing Chatbot)
- Audience Choice Winner: Jennifer Wondracek, University of North Texas-Dallas (Virtual Reality Lab with Public Speaking Apps)
DUE APRIL 13
Have you pioneered a new program in your library? Perhaps you've created a set of best practices to apply in the workplace. Or maybe you'd like to share new classroom techniques, findings from a research project, or a practical problem-solving effort. Poster sessions are a popular conference feature, and this year's selections will once again be on display in the exhibit hall--your good idea could benefit your fellow colleagues. Submit your proposal online by April 13.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOUR CONFERENCE
Arrive early and maximize your conference experience by registering for a preconference workshop--whether you're new to the profession, trying to update or make the best use of the data you manage, or interested in initiating projects in your firm. Attendance is limited, so be sure to register well in advance of the June 18 deadline.
Are you required to procure a purchase order or check from your institution to attend the AALL Annual Meeting?
It's easy to register online with a purchase order or check. Start the procurement process early if you are interested in attending a
BOOK YOUR HOUSING
SECURE BEST RATES
plenty of history
--"Charm City" is ready to welcome AALL. The
is Baltimore's sightseeing hub, offering sweeping views of the city (
Top of the World Observation Level
) and a collection of
(docked below)--it also conveniently features the
Hilton Baltimore, AALL's headquarters hotel
. This downtown hotel connects directly to the Baltimore Convention Center, is close to restaurants and shopping, and is a quick 15 minutes from the BWI Airport. It is also located next to Camden Yards (home to the Baltimore Orioles).
Reserve your room
at the Hilton (or another one of AALL's nearby hotels) through AALL's housing agency and enjoy the ultimate in convenience--at specially negotiated rates. Then rest easy, knowing you can make adjustments to your reservation later, penalty-free.
NEW TO THE CONFERENCE OR LAW LIBRARIANSHIP?
JUST FOR YOU
Our Host Program connects first-time attendees and newer AALL members with veteran meeting attendees to help newcomers confidently navigate the meeting, select programs to attend, and network with colleagues.
BE PART OF THE CONELL CLASS OF 2018
The Conference of Newer Law Librarians (CONELL) is a daylong orientation to AALL to welcome newer members, introduce them to the Association and its leaders, and facilitate networking with peers. Attendees have the opportunity to talk with representatives from AALL's committees and special interest sections to learn firsthand how to get involved and maximize the benefits of membership.
AALL thanks its gold, silver, and bronze sponsors for their generous support of AALL 2018.