Linsey’s Cheer and Dance offers competitive dance for dancers that are interested and committed
to a higher level of dance training.
All dancers trying out are required to attend all three days of try-outs. If you have any questions, please contact our studio at 586-566-7055 or email
Here’s what to expect at our upcoming 3-day try-outs.
What to bring? $15 cash only try-out fee
What to wear? Black leotard/Black Attire, tights and hair up in a bun
Ages 5-7: 4:30 – 6:00pm
Ages 8-10: 6:00-7:30 pm
Ages 11 and up: 7:30- 9:00pm
Monday, June 17
- All dancers will learn several styles of dance combos. These combos will be judged on Wednesday of the try-outs. Each age group will learn 30 minutes of Jazz/lyrical combo, 30 minutes of Hip Hop and 30 minutes of Tap. Only join the session that you’re interested in trying out for.
Tuesday, June 18
- Each dancer will be evaluated based on technique skills across the floor.
- Remember to practice your combos taught on Monday to perform on Wednesday.
Wednesday, June 19
Performances and Judging
- Each dancer will perform the combos taught on Monday.
- Each dancer will be evaluated based on their performances and technique skills. Evaluation will also include execution, strength, flexibility, endurance and expression.