THE COUNTDOWN IS ON
17 DAYS UNTIL AALL 2019
If you haven't registered yet for the
AALL Annual Meeting & Conference
, what are you waiting for? Did you know that single-day registrations are available and that student and retiree rates are deeply discounted?
Join your colleagues
in Washington, DC next month--with so many opportunities to connect and learn,
you can't afford to miss out
AALL 2019 IN THE PALM OF YOUR HAND
When you get to Washington, DC, the "right-sized" printed program you will receive includes a simplified events index, but you'll find more comprehensive (and current) information on the conference app. Download the 2019 conference app from the Apple app store, the Google Play store, or visit eventmobi.com/aall2019 from any device with a web browser. Remember to accept "push notifications" to receive important announcements, emergency notifications, and reminders while you're at the conference.
With the conference app, you'll be able to:
- Build your personalized agenda
- Sync your desktop planning
- Access detailed program, meeting, and event information--see each day's schedule at-a-glance in a list view, or use the table option to see everything in a customizable matrix view
- Use the search bar to easily find scheduled events, speakers, and attendees-for programs, you can do a quick search by alphanumeric code
- View interactive floor maps
- Access program handouts
- View speaker profiles
- Find exhibitors to visit
- Receive important updates and notifications--including prize drawing winners
NEW FEATURE FOR 2019
Schedule one-on-one meetings with other attendees directly from the conference app to make networking opportunities easier to coordinate and manage. Invitees are notified via email when requests are sent, and the meeting is automatically added to both attendees' personal schedules once it's been accepted. Visit the Help + Support section to learn more.
AALL thanks Wolters Kluwer Legal & Regulatory U.S. for sponsoring the conference app.
NEW ADDITIONS TO THE LEARNING LINEUP
Informal "Discussion Den" chats (hosted by AALL members) will be held throughout the conference, and they're a great way to meet and connect with peers who share similar interests. Check out the discussion topics and if any pique your interest, add them to your conference schedule.
In addition, be sure to preview these other special learning opportunities:
AALL members submitted some truly great ideas for this year's
, and three innovations have been selected to move on to the final round. The proposers will pitch their innovation plans to attendees and a special panel of judges in Washington, DC for the culmination of the tournament. This year's finalists are:
- Erik Y. Adams, Research Analyst, Sidley Austin LLP and Martin J. Korn, Director of Research and Knowledge Services, Sheppard, Mullin, Richter & Hampton LLP
- Andre Davison, Research Technology Manager, Blank Rome LLP
- Allison C. Reeve, Library Manager, Littler Mendelson, P.C.
Two $2,500 prizes will be awarded to further support the development and implementation of compelling workplace innovations. Add this event to your conference schedule and be part of the action.
AALL thanks LexisNexis for its generous support of this event.
HONORING AALL'S AWARD WINNERS
AALL thanks LexisNexis for its generous support of this event.
GETTING AROUND DC
BE PREPARED AND SAVE TIME
Prepare for your trip to DC and familiarize yourself with how to get around. There's a lot to see and much of it is easily accessible via public transportation. Learn how to best
navigate the DC metro system
buy a SmarTrip card
in advance! (Allow 5 business days for delivery.)
AALL CAREER CENTER
FIND THE RIGHT FIT
AALL offers job and candidate searching as part of the AALL Career Center at the AALL Annual Meeting & Conference. Posting through the
AALL Career Center
offers many benefits.
Looking for the right employee?
The resume database provides a searchable pool of qualified talent from across the country, and resume agents automatically send new resumes directly to your inbox, tailored to your search.
can be conducted on-site, and a special
is available during the conference for employers.
Looking for the right job?
You can post your resume online (including references, cover letters, etc.)--confidentially, if you choose--and job agents automatically send new jobs directly to your inbox.
AALL Membership Services
for more information.
Volunteering brings terrific people together, and we are fortunate to have loyal volunteers whose great experiences bring them back year after year. Whether it's conference bag stuffing, front desk check-in, taking tickets for special events, assisting with library tours, or greeting attendees at the hospitality desk--we need you! Make new connections while helping to make your Annual Meeting a success.
Sign up and get connected
ANNUAL CHILDREN'S BOOK DRIVE
The 21st Annual SR-SIS Children's Book Drive has begun! This year's recipient is the
2000 Libros project
, supported by DC Books to Prisons. The 2000 Libros project works to get books to immigrant children in detention centers throughout the country. How can you help?
- Order a book online from the Amazon wishlist (or search for "2000 Libros" on Amazon under "Lists > Find a List or Registry.") Remember to select the 2000 Libros shipping address when you check out.
- Support a Washington, DC local bookstore by selecting a title from the wishlist at Politics and Prose. Purchases will go directly to the 2000 Libros address--no need to worry about adding that information.
- Send checks, payable to American Association of Law Libraries, or online bookstore gift cards to the Annual Book Drive Co-Coordinator:
- Kellee Bonnell
4850 Connecticut Ave NW
Washington, DC 20008
- Drop off books (written in English, Spanish, Farsi, or Chinese) for Pre-K to 5th-grade children, online bookstore gift cards, checks, or cash in Washington, DC at the Member Services Pavilion in Exhibit Hall D. Drop off books only next to the Hospitality Booth. (Please no textbooks, workbooks, coloring books, reference material, or adult or young adult books.) All donations must be dropped off by Monday, July 15 at 4:00 pm.
For more information regarding the book drive, please contact
. For information about the history of the annual book drive, see the article in
MEMBERS OPEN FORUM
NEW THIS YEAR / SUBMIT YOUR QUESTIONS EARLY
During the Members Open Forum (Monday, July 15, immediately following the
AALL Business Meeting
), AALL Executive Board officers will be available to respond to member questions regarding AALL and its programs and activities. While members can ask questions from the floor, we strongly encourage members to
submit their questions in advance
by this Friday, June 28
, as time is limited.
KNOW BEFORE YOU GO
Watch for the July 3 edition of the Annual Meeting Update, "Know Before You Go," which will be loaded with important information to enhance your Washington, DC experience!
AALL thanks its sponsors for their generous support of AALL 2019.
FRIENDS OF AALL