2019 Taxes: Membership Dues
For the 2019 Tax Year, GRAR Members may claim the following as business expenses. The percentage that is deductible is given with the amount (based on standard dues amounts) in parenthesis.

  • 100% of the MLS Participant Fee is deductible ($454).
  • 97% ($285) of the GRAR portion ($294) of Association Dues is deductible. The remaining 3% ($9) is non-deductible for income tax purposes due to GRAR's lobbying efforts.
  • 80% ($80) of the NYSAR portion of Association Dues ($100) is deductible. $20 is not deductible for income tax purposes.
  • 69% ($128) of the National Association of REALTORS┬« portion of Association dues ($185) is deductible. This breaks down as $93 of the $150 yearly dues plus the entire $35 Consumer Advertising Campaign special assessment may be deducted. $57 of the $150 NAR dues amount is not deductible

Tax Reform Act of 1993 requires that the portion of dues attributable to lobbying and political activities at the State and Federal levels of government be considered nondeductible for income tax purposes. This nondeductible portion must be disclosed to members on their dues invoice each year.
GRAR | Education. Information. The tools and support you need.