Our Great Lakes District has the privilege of hosting our biennial national EFCA One Conference June 18-20 at The Compass Church in Naperville, IL. This is a great time to connect with ministry wives from our district and around the country. Our EFCA president's wife, Becky Kompelien, leads sessions for pastors' wives on Thursday, June 20th. Click the link above for the schedule and registration. Hope to see you there!!
During the months of May-July,
pray for each other to continue to grow a maturing 'F-E-A-R of God' heart.
Rooted Woman of Valor
- Forsake (reject/leave behind what God is asking of us)
Evil (what God calls sin in our actions and attitudes)
Pray Psalm 34:11-14 ESV
"Come, O children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord. What (wo)man is there who desires life and loves many days, that (s)he may see good? Keep your tongue from evil and your lips from speaking deceit. Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it."
- Acknowledge God in every part of my life, instead of going my own way.
Pray Proverbs 3:5,6 ESV
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths. Be not wise in your own eyes; fear the Lord, and turn away from evil. It will be healing to your flesh and refreshment to your bones."
- Reverence and worship our Holy God with respect and love.
Pray Romans 12:1,2 NIV
"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and pleasing to God-this is your true and proper worship. Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is-his good, pleasing and perfect will."
- While traveling on our mission trip to Moscow, Russia, I felt the need for a phone app to keep my prayer requests handy. I found Prayer Notes. It provides options to organize your prayers by day or by categories.
- Another resource I find helpful is the phone app, Scripture Memory. I've put the three sets of 'Fear of God' verses in this app to pray and memorize over our spring months.
Praying for each of you, Jan Thompson and the GLD Pastors' Wives' Team