Dear PJP Community & Friends,
As we close another memorable year, there is much to be grateful for and celebrate. Our best gifts are our Pope John Paul II students, faculty, staff, alumni and friends who live our mission every day and make a difference. I have been reflecting on all we have experienced in 2019, we...
- welcomed dynamic transfer students and a zealous freshmen class,
- graduated 205 newly minted alumni, added more course offerings,
- broke ground on our stadium campaign,
- secured a STEM grant of $73,000,
- forged new partnerships.
For me, it is so much more. Our steadfast continued commitment by all in our school mission is realized in the dedication and care of our teachers, in the grit of our students success, the unwavering support of our families and in the responsibility PJP has to the communities we serve. We have come a long way these 9 years.
As we prepare to celebrate our 10 year anniversary, I am proud of how we have come together to focus our time, talent, and philanthropic financial contributions to keep Pope John Paul II High School one of our top priorities.
Every day, we are preparing our students to live meaningful and productive lives. Our school’s vision is to
“cultivate the intrinsic talents of each individual, prompt each to become a lifelong learner who possesses the spiritual, personal, and intellectual skills necessary to navigate their life’s challenges.”
Thank you for entrusting us with your student’s learning, development and growth!
Our Year In Review demonstrates just how we are achieving our mission. We continue to advance our school's strategic plan and we remain committed in our objectives to:
- Increase our students’ college readiness.
- Implement a dedicated STEM program.
- Identify resources and provide support for students with learning needs and challenges to maximize academic success.
- Expand course offerings.
- Increase advancement revenues to support greater academic and co-curricular opportunities as well as tuition assistance.
- Continue to raise funds to renovate our multi-purpose athletic facility.
- Tell our story to advance engagement and reconnection of our alumni and friends.
We rely on our community’s tireless efforts and generous financial gifts. In 2019, we witnessed the impact our Catholic High School had in Montgomery County, the region and the state. We are not stopping and have more chapters to add to our story.
Please continue to help us by providing your god-given talent, dedicated time, and
generous financial contributions
that fund lopportunities for our students' success.
While there has been many accolades that occurred 2019, here's a glimpse of a few Moments of Impact that has propelled us into the next decade of excellence. I am already looking forward to what we can accomplish together in 2020 and beyond.