I truly hope this email finds you well. If you don't know me, I'm Dan Stafford. I am on the board of SPX, and I coordinate the Ignatz Awards. I'm writing today to let you know a few important things:
While we are all uncertain about what exactly will happen with SPX this year, we are fully committed to ensuring the Ignatz Awards happen. We understand the importance of these awards to the SPX community, so we are working on how to hold a virtual Ignatz Awards ceremony. Expect to hear from us this Summer as it is going to take us some time to figure it all out. But regardless of the status of SPX, the Ignatz Awards will go on!
1. Given that there's been a lot of uncertainty, we are extending the Ignatz submission deadline to June 19, 2020.
2. Please fill out
for each submission you are making, no matter what format or category - this form is also the
submission point for online comics.
3. We are ONLY accepting PDFs this year for printed comics
4. Here is the process for submitting your mini-comics, comics, graphic novels and anthologies for the SPX 2020 Ignatz Awards:
- For submissions of ONLINE comics, please
- We are ONLY accepting single-file PDFs of the comics - we cannot accept folders of files, or comics in other formats
- Each file must be named with the following naming convention:
- For mini-comics, comics and graphic novels:
- For example: Hanselmann.Simon.Bad_Gateway.Fantagraphics.July2019.pdf
NOTES: If there is no Issue Number, then do not put one in the file name
If it is self published, put Self as the Publisher
- For example: Newlavant.Hazel.Comics_for_Choice.Self.June2017.PDF
NOTE: If there are multiple editors, use only the first one listed on the title page.
- Please do not assume we will figure out the creator's name, publisher, etc., as we simply won't have the time/person power
- Submissions must have been published between June 1, 2019 and May 30, 2020, and the deadline for all submissions is June 19, 2020
- We'd kindly ask you to hold one print copy of each title for inclusion in the Library of Congress small press collection - ideally you'll be able to simply drop a copy off at SPX, or we'll arrange to have it mailed to us hopefully sometime later this year depending on the circumstances.
Ok, that's it. Please let us know any questions you have, and thanks so much for making great art!!
Dan, Francesca and everyone else at SPX